“Relaxed patio dining” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Relaxed patio dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great food, great location. Who would expect to find the best restaurant in Freeport right on Main Street- 123 Main Street no less. Great chowder, excellent vegetarian options.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Some TA rankings make no sense to me but this clearly a top ranked restaurant in Freeport. I  tend to be harder on restaurants like Azure because my expectations are higher. You have to earn it every day and I expect them to show me why they are highly ranked. Azure does just that. My server clearly understood hospitality and she guided me through a leisurely 2+ hour late summer meal on a Sunday night. It was obviously uncrowded as I wandered me way through an appetizer, demi-salad, entree and desert, each delicious in it's own respect. I thought the pricing was commensurate with the quality of the meal. The patio area was pleasant. The experience was extremely satisfying. The high marks are clearly earned.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia, USA
“Another excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We love Azure Cafe - we had the same lunch there twice.....clam chowder and lobster roll. It's excellent and there is no need to go anywhere else. Clam chowder is their specialty and they do it better than any place we've eaten - and we've sampled a lot of clam chowder.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

After eating lobsters for two straight days, this place was a nice change. We went to Maine for the annual lobster festival in Rockland but decided to stay in Freeport because it was close to Portland and the shopping area was also close to our hotel. We read a lot of great reviews for this place so we decided to try it out on our last night in Freeport. The caprese salad was very fresh. It was served with olive oil infused with garlic (ask for the balsamic vinegar!). I thought the chicken alfredo was delicious. The pasta tasted homemade. My sister got the linguine with clam sauce and she thought it was a little on the bland side. My dad got the salmon with blueberry bbq sauce served with grilled baby zucchini. That was also very good. The ambience was very nice with the patio seating and the gentleman playing the guitar in the corner. This is also at a great location. You are steps away from all sorts of shops and bakeries.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Blueberry Margarita!?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Sat quickly on Sunday afternoon outside. Loved the strawberry salad with Gorgonzola and candied pistachios. Also had the caprese salad which was pretty good. But the absolute best was the blueberry margarita! Will definitely return next time in the area

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere