“Good but SLOW” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Freeport Seafood Co.

Freeport Seafood Co.
Dining options: Reservations
Troy, New York
“Good but SLOW”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped recently for dinner...the appetizer came out quickly & was good. We wanted to share a meal since it was late & did not want a BIG meal. Lobster mac & cheese - it was very good but took forever...too long & you lose your appetite. Server was friendly. Reasonable prices. Not outstanding but good.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Think this place has gone thru a name change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place was a quick stop along our trip for lunch. Seems we were there for their soft-opening. Not to shabby. Food was good and menu had a wide selection of different items. I had the lobster pie and it was darn good. Service was just a tad bit slow, but we were not in a hurry anyway. Overall good experience.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine, United States
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We are locals and had not yet hit the Freeport Grill (they have recently changed their name). We had an OK meal but it wasn't outstanding.

The decor is interesting. It's kind of dark and plain. We were seated in the bar area. The atmosphere is missing something but I can't quite put my finger on it.

We started with Lobster stew which was very good. Our main's (Stuffed Haddock and Fish Tacos) were OK. The haddock was a bit heavy - lots of butter and the Fish Tacos was more like a fish pizza with kind of a thick breaded base. Not a whole lot of flavor. Bill was $60 before tip with 2 beers and a soda. Our server was very good and attentive to our needs.

Overall it was OK but you can get some better meals for the money in Freeport.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“I am from the area and go there often with my family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I go there often with my aunt, mother grandmother and daughter. We have never had anything but great food and service!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We were in Freeport for a girls shopping weekend and could not wait for some delicious Maine seafood. Well we did not find it here. First the atmosphere was simple, tables and chairs. We sat in a corner and had a terrible draft. As I looked around I noticed that we were not the only folks wearing winter coats while having dinner. The clam chowder was ok, but then I ordered the haddock. I truly believe it had been frozen and then not fully cooked. I actually had to send it back, and the new piece of fish they brought me was not much better. Others at my table had the lobster stew and found that the pastry was good,but the stew itself was bland, hot on the bottom but the center just warm. The meal was very over priced, I would not recommend this place and will not be returning.

• Visited December 2013