“rude, rude, rude” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Californai/New Hampshire
“rude, rude, rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Took my friend to Freeport for the day and this restaurant was handing out flyers to solicit diners for dinner. We decided to give them a try. It was ridiculously hot in the restaurant, the seating is uncomfortable, prices are not reasonable and the staff was outragously rude.
Think we are going back?? Absoltutely not!

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thomas B, Manager at Freeport Chowder House, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Since your last visit we have got all new seating as of April 2013. I have to agree with you there is never any reason to be rude to a customer. Thank You Thomas Brown, Manager.

“Our favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is our favorite spot to stop in for lunch while in Freeport. We visit Freeport once a year and the cook remembers us year after year. The lobster rolls are THE BEST ever .. Worth every penny. Onion rings are hand cut to order and are delicious. Don't miss this spot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kentucky
“Chowder & Haddock are amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I stopped in for a snack before we went to llbean. We ended up with a feast! First off-get their onion rings! Best I have ever eaten. I don't like fish so I got the corn chowder which was delicious. I tried a bite of my husbands haddock because it wasn't greasy looking (which is why I don't like fish) & it was very good! I ended up eating the whole piece. I've never eaten more than a bite of fish off my husbands plate in our yrs together. I don't understand the so so rating of this place! It was honestly very delicious & I can't wait to return in April!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Deerfield, New Hampshire
“Could have been better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Slow Wednesday in January, the cook is talking to the owner about how to increase business... I get an order of Maine shrimp with fries, and my wife got a fish chowder. Being from N.E. we are brought up with good chowder, this on the other hand was just O.K., my shrimp order had maybe 5 shrimp and the fries were so soggy! Want to increase business, make sure each customer is happy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oneida, New York
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

On our trip to Maine, we were hungry for some chowder! And found this place, it was fast and not many people, and the food was very good. The only thing was the dining area was small and there wasn't much room.

• Visited November 2012