“Fun Spot Just off the Main Street” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Concord, New Hampshire
“Fun Spot Just off the Main Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We just stopped by for a cup of coffee but I decided to take a sandwich with me for later in the day.
Their turkey sandwich was outstanding! First, I asked for gluten free bread and I got the best gluten free I've ever had. The turkey was made from real slice turkey not some processed 'we think this is turkey' meat. Finally, I had a choice of chips or other things and I chose their carrot sticks which were amazingly fresh and good. If I order something like carrots, I usually get the short fat little pre-peeled things but like the turkey, this was the real thing. I will definitely be back. Oh, the coffee was great too.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

East Amherst, New York
“Nice Break”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have visited this location each of the last two years. Our trip was not as good this year. Our order was not completed as requested on 2 out of 3 orders. Items were missing that were requested. The menu is good with a lot of variety. There is a small outside patio and plenty of seating inside.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Freeport, Maine
“Service was terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Food order was mixed up, they apologized and replaced at N/C. Service slow and a little expense for a breakfast. Very noisy, nicely appointed, great for a tourist or bunch!

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stumbled upon this restaurant, looking for a quick bite. Quality food, quality ingredients. Had chowder & sandwich both very good! - antibiotic free, nitrate free, hormone free - pretty impressive. Even the tea was organic! And the service was very good, nice cafe atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria
“Great good and awesome service -- just stay away from the play area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stumbled upon The Fresh Batch on a recent trip to the Freeport outlets. What a great find! The inside of the restaurant is painted in bright and cheery colors. The wait staff are very attentive and check on you a lot, but not too much. The menu has great variety -- mostly sandwiches, burritos, soups, and salads -- definitely something for everyone in the family and the prices are quite reasonable. My wife got the New England Clam Chowder -- she said it was probably the best chowder she's ever had.

Our only complaint was that we were seated near the indoor play area -- a slide and climbing area made out of wood. At least on the day we visited, there were lots of kids playing and jumping around (with no adult supervision). The wooden play area banging on the wooden floors created quite a loud, constant sound. The bathrooms are right around the corner from the play area so then the kids would run over there to play hide and go seek. Nothing against the restaurant or the kids having fun, but the lack of parents being parents did take away from our eating experience. My tip -- ask to be seated as far away as possible from that end of the restaurant or, if the day is nice, ask to be seated on the outside deck.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage The Fresh Batch, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.