This hotel is stuck in the forties. The building is attractive, but the décor incredibly dated, dowdy, dingy. The furniture in our room was like chain hotel furniture. Carpet not fitting properly on one side of room. Tile damage in bathroom. No turn down service one of the nights. The fireplace was lovely. The Jacuzzi tub was nice on a freezing cold night.
We had a very good meal in the main dining room, but again very dreary furnishings. There are fires blazing everywhere, some real, some gas, and give a cozy feel. The Tavern had a slightly better atmosphere, but meal was awful, and expensive.
The breakfast was dreadful. It's a buffet. The scrambled eggs were in a solid lump, which you had to carve. The second day - exact same food, the scrambled eggs were GREY! Needless to say we didn't eat that. Lots of stodge. typical melon grapes and pineapple fruit bowl. Nothing creative. Better and fresher in chain hotels.
Disinterested staff in general, although one waitress, as we were leaving offered to get us fresh eggs. Too little, too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine