We enjoyed an excellent 2 nights in Freeport's finest hotel, conveniently located a short block from the center of town (& shopping). It is casually elegant, with a large drawing room where tea is served in the afternoons. Our 2 room suite with fireplace & queen bed was perfect for our stay. We were greeted with a fruit & cheese platter in our room on arrival. The friendly staff left a prepared fire in the fireplace, along with ample wood, and replenished both the next morning. The bathroom was large, although there was no stall shower. There are 2 dining options: the casual Broad Arrow Tavern, and the upscale, fine cuisine Maine Dining Room. We didn't eat in the tavern, but had a drink at the bar. The bartender was friendly, but the drinks were served in tiny glasses - a turn-off. See my separate review of the excellent Maine Dining Room. A buffet breakfast was included, and there were ample offerings, including fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, toast and pastries. Every staff person we encountered was pleasant - it must be something in the water in Maine. If you're going to Freeport, this is THE place to stay. The suites are very popular and book quickly, I'm told. We really enjoyed our stay here. I definitely recommend the Harraseeket Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine