“SHOP AND RELAX” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Holden, Massachusetts
“SHOP AND RELAX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have been here many times over the years. It is like going home. All of the rooms are comfortable and homey. The food is outstanding. Sumptuous breakfast buffet in the Maine Dining Room with some of the best bacon you will ever have. On to the Broad Arrow Tavern for lunch or dinner with a wide range of items cooked in the the open brick oven. One dinner in the Maine Dining Room is a must during your stay. Elegant food at very reasonable prices. Don't forget tea in the Drawing Room Breakfast and tea are included in your room rate. Everyone is low-key friendly. We love it there. And of course there is all kinds of outlet showing a short walk away including the LL Bean flagship store. I know I sound like a PR person for the Harraseeket but we are real people.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you! We are blessed with great employees and guests, many of whom have become so much like family that walking through the doors always feels like a homecoming. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Eatontown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice location, excellent staff, great value. Rooms are very nice and breakfst buffet was an added suprise. We only stayed one night but will definitely go back. Close to all the outlets, within walking distance. Afternnon tea was very much appreciated after a long drive to reach the destination.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! The afternoon tea is a great way to recharge your batteries after a long road trip or a day spent shopping and exploring. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us!
maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My daughter and I had our yearly Mother-Daughter weekend at this hotel back in September. We loved it, especially the convenient location to the Freeport stores. The breakfast buffet was excellent and we ate in the Tavern Restaurant twice, each time having a great meal. It is quite pricey and I did expect a better room for the price I paid, but still will probably come back sometime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We're so glad you had a good time with your daughter! We offer great specials in the off-season and most of the outlet shops and boutique stores have great sales, as well. LLBean offers cross country skiing and snowshoeing instruction, yet another way to make great family memories and learn a new sport. Perhaps your next mother/daughter get-together should be this winter!
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

There is a big difference between "quaint" and tired. This Inn is tired. We paid a premium for a room with a fireplace and jacuzzi bath. The Internet didn't work in the room, and the room needed updating. The television was 20 years old and too small for the room. The refreshments placed out for the afternoon tea were tasty, but the atmosphere was lacking. Music would have been nice. The free breakfast buffet was terrific with lots of choices, but we were given a bill (zeroed out) to sign, I suppose in case we wanted to leave a tip. Overall,the Inn is overpriced for the experience. We were there off season and paid over $300/night.

Room Tip: Choose a standard room, not those that cost extra.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
nadianichols, Owner at Harraseeket Inn, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
We're so sorry your experience wasn't more enjoyable. We have complimentary wi-fi in all our rooms and it should have worked in yours. I hope you brought it to our attention during your stay. The "old fashioned" TV's have mostly been replaced with flat screens but you obviously got one of the soon-to-be-replaced antiques. Again, our apologies. Our mascot Bowdoin College polar bear should have been playing the grand piano at tea! Thank you for bringing these problems to our attention. We really depend on guest feedback to know where we need to improve, and your critiques will be addressed and remedied! Best regards from the Gray family.
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in October of this year, our first trip to Maine. We have stayed in VT regularly and decided that this was a similar experience - and just as charming.
The Inn was extremely nice, as was our room. It was very clean and the staff very helpful. We were only staying for one night moving northward the next day, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Freeport is a great little town to explore - and of course it houses the enormous explorers paradise - the ''LL Bean'' store - which is another must-see.

Room Tip: Cleanliness is a must - read the other reviews. We've found them to be pretty accurate. If ther...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you! It's high praise to be compared to those charming Vermont inns!
Andover, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall a good experience but overpriced for the quality of the room. I did want to express my frustration with the reservation department. I had checked availability on line and found a queen sized room available for 159. So I called the hotel directly and asked for a queen room and assumed that there "best rate" guarantee would get me the 159 room. I was told no such room was available. I then agreed to book a room with a king bed at 259 (ouch!) so I was assurred to have a room for the night I wanted. The day after I booked the room I checked on line again and two rooms were available at the 159 rate. So when I received my confirmation for the 259 room by email I responded with a nicely worded email asking that when I check in that someone explain to me what is going on. Upon arrival nothing was mentioned so I just gave up. Bottom line is I cannot trust the hotel to honor their web guarantee and therefore would never stay there again. In fairness as is evidenced by my rating the experience was overall satisfactory but I will not let the same dog bit me twice and never return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We're so sorry about your reservation mishaps. My resident manager still hasn't been able to find the $159. room rate you found on-line and we're baffled as to how to explain this one. If you could give us a call at 1-800-342-6423 we'd like to get more information so we can get to the bottom of this. If you found that rate on-line, we should be honoring it!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my second trip to the Harraseeket and I was as impressed as the first time. The Harraseeket gives you the feel of a small, country inn but with world class hotel service and amenities. The staff is amazing. They are friendly, helpful and courteous. Steve, at the front desk, was great. The room was clean, updated and comfortable. The included afternoon tea in the drawing room is a great way to relax after shopping. There were different tea choices, hot cider, cookies, brownies, fruit, cheese, finger sandwiches and other pastries. Delicious! The included breakfast is also very good. It is buffet style and there are many choices. It's a great way to start off the day. I highly recommend the Harraseeket when visiting the Freeport area. It's cozy ambiance, helpful staff, wonderful food and proximity to downtown Freeport make it the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for a great review! Steve is walking on air.

Been to Harraseeket Inn? Share your experiences!