I have stayed at this inn three times in the past 7 months and have had a pleasant stay on each occasion. The rooms are beautifully furnished, beds are comfortable with luxurious linens and the bathrooms are spacious and clean. It is a good place to get a quiet night's sleep.
I really enjoyed the indoor lap pool. It is located in a greenhouse within the hotel. I particularly appreciate the fact that both the water and the air temperature in the pool area are quite comfortable and the pool is open late (perfect for a pre- or post-dinner swim). I forgot to bring a swimsuit on my first visit, but I was able to buy one at LL Bean, which is only 2 blocks away and open 24/7.
The day I arrived was cold and brisk and it was such a comfort to have two fires going in the lobby and living room areas, which have plenty of comfy chairs for reading. It is also a great place to partake of the complimentary afternoon tea featuring tea sandwiches, fruit, scones and pastries from their own kitchen. The complimentary breakfast buffet is excellent with eggs, bacon, hot cereal, cold cereal, fresh breakfast muffins and pastries, fresh fruit, etc. The wait staff is efficient and friendly.
Dinner at the tavern was excellent (the lobster soup was a stand out). I had a dessert fruit crisp that was wonderful and could have easily fed two people.
This is a good place for a get away as you will feel relaxed, pampered and well fed all weekend.
- Also Known As:
- Harraseeket Hotel Freeport
- Harraseeket Inn Freeport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inn in Freeport,Maine ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Harraseeket Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.