“nice lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Oakham, United Kingdom
“nice lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Good place for lunch, the sweet potato fries were wonderful.Waitress was very helpful, and friendly. We sat on the balcony, which was nice on a warm day.

Visited October 2013

Rockwood, Canada
“Great Food! Service??”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a really good meal here and would certainly return.

Dinners were priced right and the food was very well prepared.

A couple of issues. They had no lobster that night even though that's their "Maine" selling point.

Secondly, I really don't like it when the kitchen comes out with your food and doesn't know where it goes on the table. I'd rather wait for my server to bring me my food and clear my appetizer plates first.

Fix your service and we'll be back soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“"Perfect" is a bit of an overstatement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The location is their best asset ... right next to LL Bean's main store. They are a takeout window with a limited menu, featuring small to huge lobster rolls. We had 2 of the small rolls, but they only came on half a roll ... there was plenty of lobster (claw) meat, but it should have been spread out into a whole roll.

Service was so-so ... one of the servers behind the counter was fixing her hair over the food (not a good place to do that, unless you want hair in your food).

They don't have Coke or Pepsi products, so if you want a cola, you get RC cola (FYI, their "Diet-Rite" cola is caffene-free).

On the plus side, the lobster roll was good (if small), and came with chips and slaw. Just right for a quick lunch while shopping.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wells, Maine
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to Linda's for a late lunch. I had clam chowder, single lobster tail, and fries. My wife had lobster bisque with lobster meat and the lobster roll. The clam chowder was one of the best I've ever had. Lots of small pieces of very tender clams (no sand) with a few potatoes. The lobster tail was broiled to perfection, tender and sweet. The French fries were ok. The lobster bisque with lobster and huge chunks of lobster was one of her favorites and she wanted more. The lobster roll was her first experience and she decided she liked her lobster warm (poured some of my drawn butter over it and ate every bite). We've been for seafood 4 times on this trip and this was our best meal so far.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Skaneateles, New York
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I ordered the junior lobster roll. Very well seasoned and good. Could definitely eaten more. A little pricey, but, satisfying. Kept my carbs up for shopping.

Visited September 2013