“Nice Family place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Farmington
Jericho, Vermont, USA
“Nice Family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We were on return trip from Nova Scotia and stopped at this place on Route 2. It was dinner time on Saturday and the place was busy, we went in anyway because we were hungry.

Things that that stood out immediately: it was popular with the locals, the staff were very hospitable and inviting, place was clean and tidy, as were the rest rooms, the food was really tasty, but also good value for money. More importantly everything was done with politeness and a smile, the service prompt. Our wait staff was Jackie, we noticed she checked several times not only with us, but also with those around us if we were satisfied with the food and if there was anything else we wanted. It is rare to get so much attention in a busy place.

We left sated and very satisfied. Would stop there again, if we were to pass that way.

Visited September 2013

Bonn, Germany
“Which Harvest House is which? Average, Average, Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were to travel through Farmington and expected to pass through during the lunch hour. We consulted TripAdvisor for some suggestion, knowing that the old Brew Pub is now defunct. We found Harvest House rated as the 2nd and 8th restaurants in this college town, both of which having the same address. As we were heading South on Rt 2, we decided to eat at the Wilton Highway address. The restaurant is an average establishment in nearly every aspect. The seating arrangements, the decor, the service, and, mostly, the food. My wife chose their overly expensive lobster roll which was adequate, but nothing like the same fare available elsewhere. I chose their "fresh" fish filet sandwich which left me wondering with which next word the "fresh" was associated. Was it a fresh filet, breaded and fried? Or, was it a filet freshly fried? I'm still wondering. The sandwich bun compressed like a loaf of WonderBread although it appeared to have been somewhat toasted. And, although the fries certainly were crispy, there was little flavor to this bland side dish. Disappointing only because this restaurant, or is the other restaurant, is rated highly in the area.

Visited September 2013
Pittsfield, Me
“Great Meal, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We met my brother-in-law and his family here for dinner based on the reviews from tripadvisor. The reviews didn't let us down. Our server was excellent and knew the menu inside and out. Order came out fast. Large portions, food was well seasoned to add to the taste. We will definitely be back

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great customer service, amazing pies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Picked up lobster rolls to go, but couldn't resist the amazing pies! Ended up purchasing an entire blueberry pie only to find that it was packed full of wild Maine blueberries with a light, flaky crust. SO YUM! Turns out that the owner baked the pies each morning. Fabulous. We finished the pie in no time...and now I have my eye on the lemon meringue. :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Sunday Breakfast Buffet”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When my husband told me he had found a restaurant with a Sunday breakfast buffet, I was pretty excited. Color me disappointed. The food from the buffet--for which they charged $9/person--was exactly what I would have expected from a cheap *hotel* hot breakfast: rubbery scrambled eggs, limp french toast, flavorless pancakes, dry baked goods, and coagulated sausage gravy. The eggs-made-to-order were much better, and I wish I had stuck to them. That said, the service was excellent and very friendly, and I would love to give Harvest House another chance, although I'll definitely pass on the buffet.

• Visited July 2013