“Mount Blue Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mount Blue Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Farmington
Mount Blue Motel
You added Mount Blue Motel to your Saves list
454 Wilton Road, Farmington, ME 04938   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Farmington
Southwest Harbor, ME
“Mount Blue Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been going to or through Farmington, Maine for many years now, and whenever I am in town I choose to stay here. It may not be overly glamorous, but it is quiet and comfortable and the staff is always very helpful. It is in a good location, close to the hospital and several restaurants and fast food places -- and the Walmart. The rooms have always been clean when I have been there and all you have to do is ask for the k-cups, which is not a big deal. Sometimes I prefer a good price over most anything else and they provide that. The only oddity was that we had the "family" room with two queen beds and a pull-out sleeper couch. However, there wasn't actually room to pull out the bed in the couch. Still, much better than a lot of motels I have been in.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Prescott
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The main thing I remember is the extremely tiny bathroom. We had to close the bathroom door to turn the light on. The sink drained so slowly it never got full of hot water. The A/C didn't work very well.
We were given 2 mugs and 2 k-cups at check in. The breakfast wasn't available until 8 am which we thought was extremely late. The breakfast room had Keurig coffee makers with a reusable k-cup and bags of coffee intended to be used in an 8 cup coffee maker. Very strange.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saco, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to stay overnight for the UMF family weekend. We will be trying another hotel next time. The worst part was when we arrived that night to enter our room, I looked up to see so many spiders outside of our room I couldn't believe it. They were everywhere...literally! They were the whole length of the hotel outside of all the rooms. Thankfully, we didn't find any in our room. I don't understand why they hadn't done something to remove them. The room was clean, but not fancy. Another problem we had was that it was like daylight in our room the whole night; the outside light shined into the room around the curtain.

• Stayed October 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We've stayed at this motel in the past because there are not a lot of value priced motel/hotels in the area and we travel with a small dog. The motel is pet friendly. We never minded the "dated" look of the rooms as the rooms were always clean. The family that owns the motel is super friendly and we like to support family run business. However, after checking in this year we asked for a refund and stayed at the Comfort Inn down the road. The floor of the room was heavily stained. The bed linens and sheets were dirty as were the pillow cases. There were also pillows on the floor in the corner of the room without pillow covers and the pillows were stained yellow from drool. The lighting fixtures located near the beds were covered in dust. We didn't even set our travel gear down in the room. The manager gladly gave us a refund. The owner of the hotel claimed that he is no longer booking the back part of the motel because the "Summer Travel Season" had been "slow". I truly think this motel will be out of business soon. I'm sorry to see it go because it is a family run business. They need a cleaning company to come in a completely clean the entire facility.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Picked this hotel because there are very few choices in Farmington, Maine (and in central Maine in general). The sheets on the bed look like they were purchased in the 1940's. The bed mattress itself was uneven and uncomfortable. The top sheet had a large bed bug on it. The heat never turned at night and the office had closed. In the morning, the owner failed to apologize and then Yelled & Blamed Us (in front of other customers) for not calling the office although the office had closed.

The owner needs to learn a lesson in customer relations. It was ridiculous to be yelled-out by the owner in front of other customers although the Lack of Heat was obviously the owner's fault and responsibility, not ours. The fact that the heat did not work at all in a hotel like this (in cold Northern Maine) suggests that either they have a lack of customers or maintenance, or both.

Would definitely Not recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you like your motels out of the 1950's here's one for you. It is inexpensive but needs some maintenance. The carpeting in our room was definitely worn out and dirty and needed to be replaced. The beds may have been memory foam but they squeaked badly. The continental breakfast was fine with a nice variety to chose from. Bathroom was very small like a typical 50's motel bathroom. Not much else to pick from in this town at this price level however.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I and other family members stay here every year when visiting our father who lives in the area. The service is always friendly, location good and rooms comfortable. My cousin and I stayed in one of the family rooms last year, so my husband and I decided to book one for this trip. The family rooms are larger and have a small fridge, sofa bed and shower with tub. Now to raise my concerns as a loyal customer...upon entering the family room at the end of the row, the first thing that we noticed were large stains on the carpets, followed by unsightly dust on both of the lampshades by the bed. I did not complain simply because I wanted to relax and just focus on family time. (Plus I thought maybe the room was vacant for awhile and this would be rectified the next day.) Sadly, for our entire 4 night stay not only were the lampshades neglected again, but the entire bathroom was not cleaned once. Towels were replaced, beds made, trash taken out but that was it. I was truly shocked and disappointed at the decline of cleanliness. This motel is truly a local gem and the management are friendly, but more attention to detail and cleanliness is needed to ensure all customers receive value for money. 81 dollars a night for the family room is a good deal, but considering my experience this time, I felt we paid too much.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Mount Blue Motel? Share your experiences!