“Great BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

while on vacation in Maine, we have been to a few BBQ joints, this one by far was the best, the pulled pork was smokey and moist with out alot of sauce to ruin it. The hushpuppies were as close to the ones my NC native grandma used to fry up for me, haven't had them in a long time. My husband couldn't decide so he ordered 2 entrees the brisket platter (he said was excellent) with baked beans (also excellent) and the ribs ( he said were so so and little dry), the kids cheeseburger was on a kaiser roll and my 13 year old daughter could only eat half, my son got the chicken fingers and cornbread which looked like a giant muffin, he said it was as good and ate that first. the beer selection was small but the waitress we could get any mixed drink we wanted. The service was a little slow, but the waitress said it was her first day and she was just learning the ropes, we didn't mind, she was very helpful and attentive. The atmosphere was nice, alot of civil war stats, prints, and artifacts covered the walls and the kids had a mini history lesson (even though they didn't want it), I was kind of hoping to speak to the owner about some of things that were displayed but I guess he was busy cooking. His wife was helping to serve and train the new waitress. If we lived closer this would definitely be one of our go to places to eat. I would reccommend this place to anyone visiting the area.

Visited August 2012

Wilton, Maine
“About Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have been to every restaurant in Franklin County and nothing comes close to the quality and value of GrantLee's, If you want amazing food for a GREAT price GrantLee's is where you need to go. I recommend the brisket best ive ever had!!!

• Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best BBQ in New England”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Absolutely fantastic food at very reasonable price. Great little restaurant. very interesting theme.............Civil war. Lots of interesting stuff to look at. Service isn't great, which is why it got 4 stars instead of 5.

• Visited June 2012
Norwell,MA
“BBQ in Farmington Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

It was a night for an adventure. I was thinking of just getting a sandwich for dinner when I found GrantLee's on line. I am figuring a BBQ place and a tavern, bad bar crowd, leather jackets, a tough atmosphere. Wrong, wrong, wrong!

The setting is a log building and the inside is clean, very bright and new in appearance. The bar is hidden in a corner and the only reason I found it was that the Mens room was next to it.

Yes, there really is good barbecue in Farmington. I had the sampler plus two pieces of chicken. It comes with two sides. I should have skipped the chicken. Not because it was not good, it was delicious. Because i could barely walk when I was done. I was stuffed. The pulled pok was nice with some larger pieces, not looking like it went through a shredder. The meat fell of the ribs. I also played with the different sauces just to see what they did.

All in all this was one of the better barbecue places I have visited. I will return.

• Visited June 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Great food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Although the food took a little time to get to us, it was well worth it! The value was fantastic and we would definitely visit there again!

Visited May 2012