There are three options for stay here...apartments (called "manors") in a 3 story tower building behind the office, as well as duplexes and townhomes. Our group stayed in one apartment and one townhome. The location is right downtown, just off High Street, so it's easy to get to Bar Harbor, Lamoine, Acadia National Park, and even north to Bangor.
I wouldn't recommend the townhomes. They were dark, the furniture was older...it was really like renting someone's cheap apartment. However, you do get your own washer/dryer and no one above or below you. However, the apartment (or manor) was well decorated, light, open, great for a family, with plenty of room for everyone, and a great living area for visitors. The garden tub was great and it was so clean that we let the baby crawl around freely all week. Plus the bedrooms were bigger. The entry was shared with one other apartment and there was a shared washer/dryer. You will have others above, below, and/or next to you depending on the "manor" you get.
If you're considering this location, be sure to find out which kind of property you're getting and see photos if possible. Since this location can rent for anywhere from $700-$3000/week....and there are only 6 manors....you want to be sure you know what you're paying for.
Oh, and there is a tennis court, access to an indoor playground, and an indoor pool and hot tub. Adults only swim from 8-10am and then open to anyone from 10am-9pm. The pool area is wood paneled and echoes badly, so be aware of this if you are sensitive to noise or traveling with kids.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Village Resort (Ii) Hotel Ellsworth
- Acadia Village Resort (Ii) Hotel
- Acadia Village Hotel
- Acadia Village Resort (II) Ellsworth, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Acadia Village Resort is located in Ellsworth, near Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, two of Maine's premiere tourist destinations. Our accommodations offer a spacious living area, completely furnished, and equipped with modern appliances. ... more less