“Great BBQ @ ludicrously low price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mainely Meat on Main

Mainely Meat on Main
193 Main Street, Ellsworth, ME 04605 (Formerly Mainely Meat)
207-664-5239
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 56 Restaurants in Ellsworth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vermont
“Great BBQ @ ludicrously low price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not sure if we stumbled upon a secret sale or happy hour but we got a lot of food for little $$$. Before tip we clocked in at $25 for 2 pints of Atlantic Beers (Scottish Ale & Coffee Stout) and 2 samplers. The sampler includes coleslaw, baked beans, potato salad, pulled pork, ribs, chicken & sausage. Also you get corn bread. Super yummy smoked flavor, so lived up to expectations. Well worth it at twice the price.

Reading, Massachusetts, United States
“GREAT BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We went to the location at the Atlantic Brewing Company. It was YUMMY bbq and it was nice to sit outside in the garden and enjoy it with a cold, locally brewed beer. Service was great too! We'll definitely go back!

Reston, Virginia
“AMAZING BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I work at a nearby hotel and my manager and co-worker and I order Mainley Meat when we are all on together. We either get the "sampler" (Which has EVERYTHING and can feed 3 ppl with left-vers) or I order the pulled pork meal. The ribs literally fall right off the bone and to be honest the pulled pork (with a little xtra bbq sauce) are to die for! Not to mention the awesome staff!!!!!

Ellsworth, Maine
“Super!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We go here whenever we have company, Wonderful BBQ, only complaint would be I wish they had just one fish item, we are in Maine and I bet they miss out with those non meat eaters who partake in seafood! Hint hint Mainely Meat!

Visited June 2013
Charleston, WV
“Great food at great prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Eventually you are going to want something, anything, other than lobster. This is your place. Friendly service and a great menu, without a lobster in sight.

This is BBQ place with a good selection of beers. I had the sampler so I tried the chicken, ribs,sausage and the pulled pork. Normally pulled pork is my favorite but the ribs here may be the most tender I've had. The sausage flavorful and spicy and the chicken also great. Guessing don't have a favorite. The meat is ready for the the sweet, house sauce. Actually two sauces that I thought better mixed together for a sweet and tangy combination. Sides were baked beans and potato salad. Overall, a great meal for an attractive price.

Visited June 2013