Never in our years of stays at Hampton Inns have we experienced such a negative attitude than at this hotel! Eventually, after our persistence, we got what we asked for, but not without a bit of a struggle.
1) We asked to be moved to a quieter room when very noisy guests checked-in to the room next to ours. The entire top floor was vacant, yet we were initially told they would not / could not move us. Only when we threatened to check-out would they let us move -- and then we had to move ourselves - no help was even offered.
2) At the end of our stay, we asked for help making reservations for another Hampton Inn. We were told they did not do this type of service. oh?
3) We asked for the phone number of another Hampton Inn -- again -- we were told they didn't have it (or a directory) and could not look up the number for us. (We do not own smartphones or laptops, so we were expecting at least they could use their internet to assist us -- but they wouldn't).
4) On our last morning, we asked for 'to-go' breakfasts & were told none were available. Second attempt with another staff member yielded us a positive response. We only asked for them because they were about 30 min. late in setting up the regular breakfast for that day.
5) We asked for a print out of our hotel invoice. We were told they could not do this as we made the reservations through a third-party. Other Hampton Inns gave us a receipt - so not sure about this one.
After making our complaints directly to Hampton Inn, I was told they could not do much since we used a 'third-party' (this site) to make our reservations. We also are not eligible to get Hilton Honors points for our stay or any credit for the bad experience. (this was a surprise) To their credit, the Ellsworth Hotel manager called once and left a message. To-date we have not connected yet. Am hoping they call back.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your review. I did want to clear some things up here. We only offer "on the go" bags Monday through Friday and those are for guests who do not have time to eat the full breakfast that we serve.
The hotel was full on the evening of question.
When guests use Expedia or other online travel sites, the online travel site charges your credit card not the hotel. The hotel charges Expedia's credit card, which is why the hotel cannot produce a receipt.
Hilton does not print hotel directories anymore.
If anyone here was rude or unhelpful, I truly apologize.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.