“Nice Local Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ellsworth, Maine
“Nice Local Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I visited recently with my wife during a late lunch. I was greeted with a smile and told to sit anywhere. Inside is nicely decorated and a fun place. There was no music currently, but a nice set-up. The food was extremely tasty. The fish sandwich was a thinner batter and nicely presented on a bun. The Shepard's pie was good. I decreased my rating as the layer of beef/pork in the pie was a thin layer. I would defiantly be back to try other items on the menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ellsworth, Maine
“Listen to your friends and go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am the type of person who goes to the same places because I know what they are like. If I don't like what I have or the service is bad ,I don't go back. A friend and I met for dinner Thursday night and she chose Finn's. Okay, I thought. I will give that a try to make her happy as she likes the place. Well, guess what? I have a new restaurant to add to my favorite places to eat! The food was great, the service was great and it didn't break the bank. I need to go back and try another. I had a something garden sandwich with potato salad. Eggplant, roasted red peppers and veggies. YUMMY. I tried her nachos and it was homemade chips instead of the usual. Excellent stuff. Give this place a try if you have not. I was surprised with the number of people dining on a Thursday evening. I guess that shows how good the place is!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Haddock Sandwich in Downeast Maine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I know, who would have thought it? I eat Haddock every time I come to Maine and they made the best one I've had in memory. At a Irish pub. Go figure. Their bangers & mash sandwich was good and the Pumpkin & Ginger Cheesecake was unexpectedly delicious. Plus a good draft beer selection. Who could ask for more? Go there and keep these folks in business. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Merrillville, Indiana
“Best burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great food and the servers are always fun! We love it! I guess I have to say I'm a little disappointed that they don't have french fries.

Visited August 2013
Franklin, Maine
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Best food in Ellsworth! A must try restaurant! Food is timely, tastey and presented in a great pub way.

• Visited November 2013