“Not as bad as reported in the reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Jasper's Motel & Restaurant
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   200 High Street, Ellsworth, ME 04605   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Ellsworth
Klagenfurt, Österreich
“Not as bad as reported in the reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I don't quite understand the very bad reviews. Perhaps the expextations were too high?
My friends and I (3 Twentysomethings) stayed 6 nights in Jasper's Motel in September 2013 and we enjoyed our stay.
Price: 96$ per room/night

Positive:
The neat room had 2 queensize beds, microwave, refrigerator, TV, AC/heating and a nice and clean bathroom with fresh towels.
The motel is situated on the highway to the Acadia NP (about 20-30 min by car).
Restaurants, grocery stores and a laundromat are very close.
Nice personal
Jasper's Restaurant was really good.

Negative:
At first the free WIFI didn't work in the room (only on the parking lot), later it worked, but slow and with dropouts.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Brunswick, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

On the way to Lubec with our friends from Wisconsin. A great little restaurant right next door to the LL Bean outlet (WOO HOO!!). There was something for everyone on the menu (great fried stuff and wonderful sandwiches). AND THE BEER WAS SSSSSS COLD!!!!!!

Room Tip: We just ate at the restaurant, but it was GREAT!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at jaspers motel it was very clean and affordable....we then ate at jaspers restaurant the clams were just as good as I had heard...I would so recomend to all going through ellsworth to stop at jaspers!

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at jaspers in February 2013 for three nights while visiting family. I found the rooms to be very clean and comfortable. The employees were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The food from the restaurant was amazing and reasonably priced. I enjoyed my stay there and will be back this summer to explore Acadia national park.

• Stayed February 2013
Quebec City, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

RUN!!! This motel is dirty and even if you get it very cheap, it's not worth it. We always get expedia and hotwire deals, so we are used to cheap hotels, but this one is terrible, the worst we ever been to. We got our sleeping bag and slept on it because the sheets were dirty. We used our beach towels to take a shower because there was hair on the hotel towels. DISGUSTING.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ellsworth hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

They take your money, bill you for entire stay and DON"T honor their cancellation policy, we left several days to cancel a one night stay...BUT..THEY just went ahead, billed us for entire stay, never credited us back, and lied about crediting back. They are unethical, and thieves!!!
I am now in touch with my Am Ex card, and pursuing a complaint!!
VERY BAD karma ...besides..it looks like an old fashioned DIRTY DUMP!!!!
( and their prices are too high for the dump that it is !!)

Room Tip: STAY AWAY..Dont let them have your credit card..they are thieves!!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
St. Stephen, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This past weekend I stayed at the Jasper Motel. I was surprised by the room. It appeared that it was last updated in the 60's. There was a strange odor in the room. The bathroom was a cubbyhole that featured a broken toilet-paper dispenser. Parking was first come, first served. I was on the ground floor and had to park several doors from my room.
They advertise a breakfast...not so...it was a very small muffin and a coffee. I am a breakfast person, needless to say I was disappointed.
When you pay over 100 bucks as a single you expect to be able to hang up your clothes. Not the case.
Forewarned is forearmed!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Jasper's Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!