“Very pleasant lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Chamcook
“Very pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stopped by Eastport to check out the numerous art gallieries, and were well-pleased with this nice spot. I had a buckwheat crust pizza with Greek-style toppings, including olives, feta cheese, tomatoes and gyros. Really different and quite tasty. My wife also enjoyed a salad, which had similar components on good fresh greens.

One small caution: if you ask for a glass of house red wine, be aware it is $8.50. There are cheaper choices by the glass -- don't assume the house choice is the most reasonable. It is a very fine Greek wine, but just a little surprised by the cost.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Authentic Greek Food and American Fare to Boot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Spent one wonderful week in Eastport, Maine and while wandering the local streets , came upon the Liberty Cafe .. Their Greek Food is the best I have ever tasted !!! Had a sandwich called the "Bricklayer " which consisted of gyro meat , cheese, between two pieces of Texas Toast.Which come to find out was created just for a customer!!! I just had to go back for more !!! Gyros made with thick slices of meat with fresh Tzatziki on a warm pita !!! Yummmm... They also have American fare and seafood. My friend and I had Pesto grilled lobster tails and huge bacon wrapped scallops... Sat out back with a wonderful view of the bay. The owner, while grilling our dinner, kept us company and gave us info on the surrounding area and sites to see. Also visited in the evening for dinner and discovered they have a wonderful selection of wine!!! Particularly Greek Wine !!! Wonderful atmosphere at the bar!!! If ever in the area, make sure and stop by the Liberty Cafe. You will not be disappointed !!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“What a wonderful Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

After gorging ourselves on some of the world's best lobsters in Eastport, Me. at Quoddy Bay Lobsters, we were up for some ethnicity. Lo and behold a family run Greek restaurant has opened in Eastport, Me. I ordered oodles for takeout and the food was delicious. Lamb dip au jus was heaven, stuffed grape leaves were wonderfully fresh, and dips with plenty of pita were great. Their blueberry pie looked crazy good but alas, we were STUFFED. It's cute as a button with old world family photos all around and I would have happily gone back if we weren't headed home. We're originally from NY so we know good greek food. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gorham, Maine
“Very yummy lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our family stopped at the Liberty Cafe because we'd had enough seafood, sandwiches, etc. at the tail end of our vacation, and we wanted something different. We enjoyed the triple dip (hummus, melitzanosalata & tzatsiki) as an appetizer. My son had the caprese salad, and my husband and I enjoyed a chicken souvlaki and lamb souvlaki. The food was great and the grownups enjoyed the local beer selection. I thought the service was a little slow, but my 12-year-old son thought it was fine. The deck is a lovely spot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boothbay, Maine
“Greek food in Eastport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The restaurant was excellent. I was surprised to find Greek food in Eastport and they know what they are doing. Good service also.

Visited August 2013