“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mambal
Milan, Italy
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you are looking for Paradise you've found it!
Peace, serenity, warm welcomes, cleaning, professional SPA, great raw food. An ideal place to regain strength, health, relax + visiting the island.
Very spacious bungalow with open bath + (if you want) soft music everywhere. Very romantic place ideal for a couple but also for a family with babies since it's very secure and clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I've just left Five Elements after three nights of absolute bliss!

The accomodation is amazing, the food is soooooo good (sweet potato ice-cream!!! Yum!), the treatments were wonderful, and the space itself is beautiful...

Everyone will have their own unique experience and memories from Five Elements, and I'm sure that whatever you take away will be special to you. For me - above all - i'll remember the people who work there!

How many places have you stayed where you become Facebook friends with the people you meet afterwards?! Yes, it's that good! :)

I haven't even left Bali and I'm planning my return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We decided to stay at Fivelements due to the ratings it received. We were very much amazed by the nature and the beautiful design as we entered the hotel. Although it is 30 minutes far from Ubud, we thought it was perfect as it is free of busy Ubud hassle. But it took us less than 6 hours to regret!

This was not the first time we stayed in a hotel in nature. Both in our honeymoon in Mauritiusand in Sri Lanka we stayed in hotels with outdoor bathrooms but never had rats visiting. In our first night as we saw a rat and it's droppings, we immediately called the reception but we received the answer' there is nothing we can do, you have to wait until tomorrow'. So we did as the rat was continuously running inside the room

Next day.... Apologies and room change... The manager's excuse was that rats might have broken the nets and they woul check it. the following night we could not go to Ubud as we were sleepless from the night before. We decided to try the hotel restaurant. We ended up sleeping hungary that night as I found long black hair in my salad and cancelled the orders. We paid 50 usd for 2 appetizers and 2 juices and had a decent sleep only one night.

The third night, although we left all the snacks in the balcony as advised by the hotel, we had another rat in the new room. In a hotel in nature, I can live with lizards, Mosquitos and spiders but rats are disgusting. I have not seen the rat so I slept all night but my husband who saw the rat on my side table stayed up all night until I woke up in the morning. When he woke up, we decided to check out. Since we made the payment in advance, he requested the money back for the night with rats and refund of the 4 th night. The reception manager refused to make any payments

At the end of fights that lasted 2 hours, we managed to get back the refund for the 4 th night and of course hotel didnt reimburse the money in usd although that was the currency we made the payment and we last 10 percent due to exchange rate.

That was the worst rip off of my life to pay 350 usd per night to sleep with rats and 50 usd to eat hair. I would not recommend this hotel even to my enemy especially if one is traveling for 12 hours for this misery.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Fivelements is an unpretentious resort that is unlike the more commercialized villas in other parts of Bali. The resort is tranquil and the staff set out doing their work with a smile on their face. A gem.

• Stayed April 2012
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My stay at Five Elements, just out of Ubud, was the highlight of my Bali experience. My private villa was beautifully constructed with unique design at each turn. The outdoor bathtub, overlooking a deep canyon and rushing river, was big enough for several people! Carved of black stone, it lit up in color at night with a remote to change the color! Bed was fabulous.
The restaurant was stunning, open air with very high ceilings, koi pond going through, and some seating at lower levels with river view. The menu was over the top, vegetarian, with mostly raw entres. The chef has trained internationally, and each item ordered was truly a work of art, and delicious as well. Stuffed zucchini blossoms were one of my favorites. Truly a beautiful experience!

Room Tip: Any of the seven rooms will be a delight for you!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband & I were completely blown away by the uniqueness, the beauty & the serenity of Fivelements. It was a last minute booking that ended up being the absolute highlight of our trip. We were very lucky to stay 2 nights where there were no other guests there! We had the whole place to ourselves! The pool area is absolutely divine, right on the river with birds & squirrels & flowers everywhere. The food is exquisite; hearing the passion that the chefs have for organic produce made me feel even healthier :) A magical experience that will be etched on our hearts for a lifetime x

Room Tip: Bamboo sleeping suite on the river with a bathtub made from volcanic rock & an outdoor bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Extremely exhausted of the hustling & bustling life in cosmopolitan Shanghai, I was yearning for a tranquil getaway. My choice fell to Fivelements Puri Ahimsa in Ubud.

By the moment I touched down this sanctuary, I found every picture they put in their website are indeed real. Located by the Ayung River, this resort was built in a lush greenery, Eco-friendly architecture, combined with luxury & comfort, giving you the feeling of serenity at its best.

We stayed in the Akasa suite, and the room is very spacious with its king size bed & one big sofa. I love the outside stone bath tub to the most as it is directly facing the Ayung River and I could take a bath while enjoying the view to the river and the sounds of the water & bird & the smell of the tropical greenery. In addition to that, the suite is also completed with a tropical open shower which gives another senses of enjoying the beauty of the nature. Their in-house home made bath amenities such as the bath gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion deserves the praise. The smell is very rejuvenating and the quality is really the best of its kind.

Specialized as healing resort, it's spa, and massage offers holistic wellness of our being. Their healers and beautician are very friendly and helpful. I love their Healing Village, and the massage room is truly rejuvenating. It is very spacious with private terrace and a stone bath tub overviwing the Ayung River.

As a wellness sanctuary, it's foods are truly vegan and living foods, however it tastes marvelous. I had my breakfast with the Fruit Salad, Zucchini Humus, and Liveseed & Gojiberry granola, those were very fresh and tastes good.

The swimming pool is very nice and it has the water-speaker inside the pool, so while you swim you can listen to the calming music, too.

I love every single second I stayed in Fivelements and found this experience truly rejuvenating,

Only one note, as a healing resort, the room does not come with a TV, radio and other worldly entertainment. It has a hi-speed wifi, though. No meat at all kind and no beer/alcoholic drinks.
If you stay to rejuvenate yourself, Fivelements is truly an excellent choice, however if you are looking for more entertainment, you shall consider other hotel to stay. Also if you have children, it may not be a good option because this place focused ions healing & wellness experience and might not be attractive for your children, especially they do not offer any kids playground.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fivelements Puri Ahimsa? Share your experiences!