“Absolute Highlight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fivelements Bali Retreat

You added Fivelements Bali Retreat to your Saves list
Fivelements Bali Retreat
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Puri Ahimsa, Banjar Baturning, Mambal, Ubud, Bali 80352, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Extra Discount
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mambal
Sacramento, California
“Absolute Highlight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My stay at Five Elements, just out of Ubud, was the highlight of my Bali experience. My private villa was beautifully constructed with unique design at each turn. The outdoor bathtub, overlooking a deep canyon and rushing river, was big enough for several people! Carved of black stone, it lit up in color at night with a remote to change the color! Bed was fabulous.
The restaurant was stunning, open air with very high ceilings, koi pond going through, and some seating at lower levels with river view. The menu was over the top, vegetarian, with mostly raw entres. The chef has trained internationally, and each item ordered was truly a work of art, and delicious as well. Stuffed zucchini blossoms were one of my favorites. Truly a beautiful experience!

Room Tip: Any of the seven rooms will be a delight for you!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank MsTravelBug13

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband & I were completely blown away by the uniqueness, the beauty & the serenity of Fivelements. It was a last minute booking that ended up being the absolute highlight of our trip. We were very lucky to stay 2 nights where there were no other guests there! We had the whole place to ourselves! The pool area is absolutely divine, right on the river with birds & squirrels & flowers everywhere. The food is exquisite; hearing the passion that the chefs have for organic produce made me feel even healthier :) A magical experience that will be etched on our hearts for a lifetime x

Room Tip: Bamboo sleeping suite on the river with a bathtub made from volcanic rock & an outdoor bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Extremely exhausted of the hustling & bustling life in cosmopolitan Shanghai, I was yearning for a tranquil getaway. My choice fell to Fivelements Puri Ahimsa in Ubud.

By the moment I touched down this sanctuary, I found every picture they put in their website are indeed real. Located by the Ayung River, this resort was built in a lush greenery, Eco-friendly architecture, combined with luxury & comfort, giving you the feeling of serenity at its best.

We stayed in the Akasa suite, and the room is very spacious with its king size bed & one big sofa. I love the outside stone bath tub to the most as it is directly facing the Ayung River and I could take a bath while enjoying the view to the river and the sounds of the water & bird & the smell of the tropical greenery. In addition to that, the suite is also completed with a tropical open shower which gives another senses of enjoying the beauty of the nature. Their in-house home made bath amenities such as the bath gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion deserves the praise. The smell is very rejuvenating and the quality is really the best of its kind.

Specialized as healing resort, it's spa, and massage offers holistic wellness of our being. Their healers and beautician are very friendly and helpful. I love their Healing Village, and the massage room is truly rejuvenating. It is very spacious with private terrace and a stone bath tub overviwing the Ayung River.

As a wellness sanctuary, it's foods are truly vegan and living foods, however it tastes marvelous. I had my breakfast with the Fruit Salad, Zucchini Humus, and Liveseed & Gojiberry granola, those were very fresh and tastes good.

The swimming pool is very nice and it has the water-speaker inside the pool, so while you swim you can listen to the calming music, too.

I love every single second I stayed in Fivelements and found this experience truly rejuvenating,

Only one note, as a healing resort, the room does not come with a TV, radio and other worldly entertainment. It has a hi-speed wifi, though. No meat at all kind and no beer/alcoholic drinks.
If you stay to rejuvenate yourself, Fivelements is truly an excellent choice, however if you are looking for more entertainment, you shall consider other hotel to stay. Also if you have children, it may not be a good option because this place focused ions healing & wellness experience and might not be attractive for your children, especially they do not offer any kids playground.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Princess_Stephy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Arriving at the Fivelements, Ubud, in the wee hours of the morning, I didn't really see anything except the opulent room with its huge verandah with a large and beautifully lit stone bath at the end of it.

Waking up to the sound of a waterfall flowing into River Ayung, just below my verandah made me want to squeal with delight. I love the outside shower with the lush green Heliconia leaves peeping over the high wall. The sound of cicadas from the river bank is music to my ears, taking me back to the trips to the Penang Botanical Gardens when I was a child. Have I died and gone to heaven?

Unable to sit still for more than 10 minutes, I submitted to 90 minutes of pampering with the Fivelements Sakti Ritual. As Ayu rubbed coconut oil into my body and took the kinks out of my battered body, she massaged into a pressure point on my arm and accurately told me I had a problem with my shoulder. This massage is followed with a rub of salt with lemongrass and basil before I was led to a bath filled with lemon, orange and ginger slices. I felt so relaxed and in need of a nap. But not for long because I had another appointment, with Pak Wayan for the Pancha Mahabuta energy healing. Fortunately the young healer found nothing wrong with my body, except my head (too much thinking about deadlines unmet, perhaps). But what was amazing was I seemed to be in a deep sleep during the 90-minute session but yet awake.

A relentless carnivore, at the Fivelements, I was introduced to vegan food and raw food with delicious blends of fruit juices. (As soon as I got home, I went to my favourite restaurant for my usual Malaysian high-calorie pancake and did not enjoy it and hastily went in search of some fruits.)

Staffed by warm and friendly Balinese who all speak English, with healing treatments and a peaceful and tranquil atmosphere, is it any wonder that, despite still being in its infancy, the resort has already won several awards including AsiaSpa Awards' Destination of the Year 2011

To me, Fivelements isn't just a resort. It is a little paradise.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nooraini
Ubud, Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We have visited Fivelements several times over the past 12 months and have always been in awe of the extraordinary architecture, service, food and ambience. But this last visit surpassed all others, as they were hosting to the remarkable annual TEDxUbud event, an extravaganza of ideas worth spreading.

Add a fabulous line-up of guest speakers and entertainment to the impeccable service and food and you get the recipe for a most memorable experience.

Breaking free of the cookie-cutter hotel models, Fivelements surpasses all expectations for accommodation, service and attentiveness.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rick P
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Definitely a wonderful find in Ubud Bali. Nestled amongst the lush greenery, we chanced upon this cosy establishment that proved to be a feast for our senses.

From the architecture of the building to the meticulous food preparation, Five Elements is truly a one-of-a-kind holistic resort that leaves you feeling calm, at peace with the world and totally wholesome.

Our room, Apah meaning water, is spacious and beautifully decorated. There is a good size bed, outdoor rain shower and a stone tub with a million dollar view. Once you step into the room, you don't actually want to head anywhere else.

To complete the wholesome experience, its not suprising that the only restaurant serves vegan cuisine. I had my doubts in the beginning if there would be more than a one page menu. Rest assured you have ample selection from fresh fruit blends, appetizers, salads, pizzas, local & western options and desserts.

The spa and healing treatments are one-of-a-kind that leaves you feeling pampered, refreshed and recharged. Its definitely value for money so don't give it a miss for anything.

Finally a hotel that is right in so many ways. Will be back very soon for sure.

Big thanks to all the friendly staff for making our stay so very perfect.

Room Tip: Apah room has the best view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Linda_Francis_SIN
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Located in a remote area 30 minutes from Ubud, this award winning Eco resort is the most wonderful place to recharge. The Raw Food simply amazing! We were so excited to see our meal arrive the presentation and freshness of the food simply beautiful and delicious, and it was so well priced. The staff friendly and efficient. All staff spoke english and always greeted us with a smile and asked us about our day and how our treatments were. The Healers and Beauticians are so gifted. My husband commented how fantastic the deep tissue treatments were, he has never found that elsewhere. The natural products used during the super food facial yummo and the massages were so professional, simply the best. The energy of this beautiful spiritual retreat has been captured by preserving this sacred place. The lush gardens, the river running past the treatment rooms and accommodation, squirrels playing in the trees on our deck, a huge stone bath on our private deck overlooking the river, and beautiful yoga venue just to name a few. Our room was fantastic with both air-conditioning and a fan, piped meditation music, food delivery, a day bed, outdoor/indoor bathroom, lovely King size bed, private decking and a massive stone bath. We stayed 7 nights and the experience was amazing and as a couple we found it to be a truly wonderful experience. We have very fond memories and we will certainly be back. Do yourself a favour reconnect and awaken all your senses!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Girvani
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mambal
The Kayon Resort
Sankara Resort
#13 of 160 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 stars 407 reviews
Kupu Kupu Barong Villas and Tree Spa

Been to Fivelements Bali Retreat? Share your experiences!