“Train of Thought” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 24 restaurants in Damariscotta
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Train of Thought”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I know it's not kind to break the train of thought, but I thought I'ld like to share this little ditty with you all just the same.
I had been some time since I had visited the Reunion Station, and when I did, I was doing dishes for Suzie! [Well]
This time I had my own table and was thanking the owners and contemplating on how to cover the other Gentleman's order without making a scene?
Speaking of scenes, I was surrounded by vintage photos, unforgettable Old Tyme Christmas Tunes and the best part?? Glenn Chadbourne was here!!
I might strongly urge all of you to stop by, say hello and try the steak! I had mine with the potato wedges, coleslaw and something frosty from the other cupboard!
Merry Cristmas ALL and I WILL return from Duma Key.......leon

• Visited December 2011

70% Recommend
Telford, Pennsylvania
“Wish I was there now”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We have gone to Reunion Station every year for the previous 10 years eating there at least twice during our annual 2 weeks in Maine, We highly recommend the place. The atmosphere is friendly and unique being in old railroad rolling stock. If you want fancy (poor food at high price but great decor) don't go here. But if great/fantastic food at a reasonable price is what you are looking for Reunion Station is the place to be. Our camping group has our farewell till next year dinner there every year just so we have one of the best Maine memories to savor until next year

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Who could ask for anything more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Arrived at 6:30 PM, Saturday, (two adults), to the inviting murmur of diners enjoying their food, the atmosphere, and each other. It was a seat-yourself time, which friendly regulars kindly pointed out. Alas,there were no seats, but two different sets of guests assured us that they would be leaving soon. It was as though everyone wanted us to feel as welcome as they did. And we did.

Saturday was a prime rib special night, and we had been advised that it would probably be gone by 6:30. Happily, as it turned out, it was, because we were delighted with another special, a delicious haddock topped with fresh crab and crumbs. This was described as Baked Stuffed Haddock, and we were thrilled that this wonderful fish was not, in fact, dimished by stuffing. A warm roll with real butter came for each. We both had salads and they were fresh and dry, (none of this soppy icey stuff). The perfect baked potato, even eating the skin, which, most times, one just can't do anymore. Tonight this special was $12.95, but of course fresh fish varies in price. We are absolutely certain we could not have had a better haddock entree anywhere on the Midcoast.

The gracious waitress was professional - such a rarity anywhere - and also warm and welcoming, and whether this is her primary profession, or an additional profession, God bless people who do a job beautifully.

As to the decor and the ambience: there is no need to change a thing. The total experience places Renuion Station heads above any place around if you aren't people who can only enjoy themselves by paying through an upturned nose.

There was no room for dessert, but should have selected something to take home. For those with children, there are wooden trains in the entry alcove, but we played with them, too. Thank you!

• Visited September 2011
Annville
“How we miss Reunion Station!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We lived in Newcastle for 10 years and have recently moved to PA. As with many things in life, you don't appriciate what you have until it's not there anymore. Reunion Station is one of those things. It is what is known as a "locals" kind of place-not glamourous, just very friendly with excellent food. We miss the wonderful fried clams, haddock, scallops-all so fresh and not at all heavy. Wednesday was always "spagetti night" and it was generous and so good. Not only do we miss the wonderful food, we dearly miss Dale and Charlene and all the staff. Always friendly they made every visit a pleasure. When we get back to Maine, it is the first place we will stop for dinner!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Haven, Connecticut
“Eclectic and Delectible !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

On a suggestion from my mother we stopped for dinner after a long day's journey up the coast. We pulled up and were a bit hesitant at first since the outside is quaint "shabby chic'" to pull it nicely.

We stepped inside and the very friendly staff directed us to sit "anywhere you want", a pleasant surprise since many restaurants just stick you wherever they choose.

The unabashed "railroad boxcar" feel is unique and just adds to the "homey" feel.
The fried platters were Fresh, Cooked just right and a super value. The staff is attentive without hovering and they were kind enough to replace my wife's whole clams with clam strips at no extra charge when she realized they were with bellies and not the strips she is used to.

Overall, if can "get tha from heya" it is worth the trip!

• Visited August 2011