“We Enjoyed It and Will Definitely Return” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Tucson, Arizona
“We Enjoyed It and Will Definitely Return”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a lunch on a recent rainy day. It was quiet inside, which is fine, and we both enjoyed the feel of the space. The food was very good and hit the spot. We appreciated the local ingredients and thought the tastes were a treat. It will go on our A list in Damerscotta along with Best Thai and King Eyder Pub.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Walpole, Maine, United States
“Lonely”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We've only been once, but were disappointed. The concept is great (mostly locally raised foods) but our meals was less than satisfactory. The ambiance is nice (restored Christian Scientist venue), but we were the only ones there!

Visited August 2012
Keene, New Hampshire
“Lovely Experience, Food Good but room for improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

The atmosphere is unique and lovely. Service is excellent. We love the local sourcing of food and for this reason understand the limited menu. Had scallops florentine. Flavorful and nice combination of textures. Roasted herb potatoes had no herbs, very bland. Disappointing.

Maine allows corking to take wine with you which is nice. State requires you sign a book to take it with you. The handwritten title on the front of the log "Drunk Book." Not particularly a nice way to address patrons.

Overall it is good and has the potential to be great if more attention is given to seasoning and the little details of overal guest experience.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Quality, Fresh, Local Ingredients ~Dessert Is A Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We have visited this wonderful new restaurant three times already this week. Expect quality food at reasonable prices. We started with the veggie soup and bread pudding and blueberry pie. The pie was the best I have ever had. It had no top crust, a wonderful natural bottom crust and was filled with tiny maine blueberries and was not overly sweet. YUMMY. It was so good, we returned for more pie and bread pudding the next day but they did not have pie, but we took out some other good stuff to eat in our cottage.
Today we went at lunch time and we bought a whole 4 berry pie to take home along with a quiche and beet salad and more bread pudding. We just finished a slice of pie now and my husband and I are raving about the pie. And we have 6 slices left to enjoy this week. The other items were just as delicious. I highly recommend a visit to this wonderful new restaurant. The service is wonderful and the local fresh local ingredients will be sure to please you. We look forward to trying many more entrees and desserts.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Biddeford, Maine
“So darn good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have to start off by saying that living in Maine is a gift. We have so many outstanding restaurants all over the state that it amazes me at times that I don't weigh three times more than what I do. It seems each time I traverse around to the small towns of the state I am always running into these true gems. Savory Maine is now on that gem list of mine. If you're on your way from points South to the Camden, Rockland area's make sure you take a quick spin into Damariscotta. It's such a beautiful spot.

I was in the Damariscotta area for work and decided after having walked by the restaurant a couple of times to give it a try. It's in an old meeting house/church that they have done a wonderful job renovating. It's bigger than I imagined from looking at the outside of the building.

I started off with a bowl of their Corn Chowder. There was no doubt in my mind the corn was fresh and the chowder was simply awesome. For my main dish I was having a hard time deciding between the Tempeh Rueben and the DLT (Dulce which is a seaweed) with lettuce and tomato and a light mayo type of condiment. I chose the DLT. It was simply too unique to not give it a try. They lightly grill the Dulce which gives it this nice crunchy taste.

Overall I am glad I stopped in and will be sure the next time I am in the area to stop by for another great meal.

• Visited September 2012