“First visit - delicious birthday dinner!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Fryeburg, Maine
“First visit - delicious birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Friday night March 21 - arrived at 5:30 & already a waiting line: this is a popular place! Our party of 5 was seated in about 20 minutes. Server Lorenda was prompt in tending to us, but obviously VERY busy with a full dining room. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. We ordered a Fishermans' Platter, Mediteranean Salmon, a 2# lobster with steamers, Fried Oysters, and baked Haddock & Scallops Seafood Combo. Everyone was satisfied & happy. Interesting that no lemon slices were served with any dish ( may have come with the lobster).

Bay Haven is not fancy, but we weren't looking for or expecting fancy. Food portions are enormous - way too much to eat at one sitting! Curious that we made a reservation (we thought) earlier in the week, but when we called to confirm were told they don't take reservations!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Didn't know a couple minutes would be 30”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Well wish I could say the food was as great as the smell. But after waiting 30 plus minutes had to find another spot. The portions look great as they past us by going to other tables.

Sebago, Maine
“Diamond in the rough...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We love this little diamond in the rough restaurant.
Love all the upgrades you have done! We noticed! We visited last evening and it was fabulous! Of course we had Seafood. Why wouldn't you here? It's always fresh and delicious. Waitress was fantastic! My husband raved about the chowder all the way home! All AAA's from this couple.

Visited February 2014
Jackson, New Hampshire
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Funny how a second look can change your oppinion. This was my 2nd visit to the Bay Haven Lobster Two. My first was over the top good. This time I was totally disappointed by the service as as well as the food. I can not believe the waitress came to the table and when I asked her if there were any specials she said yes and pointed to the chalk board behind me. I have a medical restriction that challenges my muscles and joints and struggled to turn around to read the board. I couldn't do it for a couple of reasons and she said oh well and walked away. Yes... walked away. If they wanted the patrons to be able to read the specials they should have posted one on the front side and one on the back side. Really agrivating. My hubby got up and walked over to the specials and returned to tell me wha tthey were. We ordered. I got the shrimp and scallop combo which the scallops were delicious the shrimp not so much. The waitstaff never returned to asked us how things were nor did she remove the dirty dishes until she stopped by with the check and for an after thought she said "Oh did you want anything else?" We needed to go containers for the left overs that I wasn't going to eat but someone might and she literally threw them on the table and walked away. The service was so bad that I did not tip my normal 25% nor did I tip the expected 15%. I would have told a manager but I was told they were not available. Oh well... third visit... not coming.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Good Seafood In The Country? Yessssahh”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My parents love this place. After hearing about this place from them for a few years, we finally joined the folks for dinner here one night in October. Popular? The place was packed. Is this a place for hipster foodies? Nope. What's so good about this place? Reasonably priced good food. A real deal on twin lobsters that was hugely popular. If fried seafood is your thing, this is a great place for that as heaping plates of seafood were constantly marched out of the kitchen. There's fresh seafood cooked a variety of ways and the steamers were tasty. Steaks and burgers, too. Service was efficient with an obvious professional waitstaff that's been doing this for year. After a short wait in the bar, we were seated and enjoyed the fare. Gourmet? No. Good? Yes. It's a country thing.

• Visited October 2013