“Fun in Maine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Point Sebago

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Point Sebago
You added Point Sebago to your Saves list
261 Point Sebago Rd, Route 302, Casco, ME 04015   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Ocean County, NJ
“Fun in Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

We were at Point Sebago Resort from Monday August 27- Friday August 31st. In our party was myself and my 2 kids, Kyle 9, Hayley 13, and my parents. The trip to Maine from the New Jersey Shore was LONG, but was worth it when I saw the sign: Maine The Way Life Should Be. I loved that! We got to the resort and found our Park home on the lake. It was really a trailer, but it was on the lake and we enjoyed the location of the "Island". It was very hard to keep the "park home" clean, due to the constant in and out of us and the kids. We never actually utilized the designated beach area, because the kids had so much fun at our campsite swimming in the lake. They actually enjoyed night swimming, when the current got somewhat stronger and there were little waves. The lake itself is large and nice, we received coupon books that entitled us to several 1 hour use of kayaks, canoes and paddleboats. The kids enjoyed meeting other kids (lots of kids at this resort!) and making friends w/ kids on either side of our park home. They enjoyed kids bingo at 4:00 every day where if you win bingo, you win a coupon for a free ice cream cone. My son liked the kids club, and participated in it several times, my daughter enjoyed the teen activities, during which she won the "Teen Idol" contest and won a very nice Point Sebago tshirt that says "I Won It". They have a happy hour from 3-5pm (I think) during which they serve cheese and vegetables, they have entertainment and some of the house drinks are 1/2 price. My parents went to the comedy show, which was an extra charge, but said the performers were mediocre at best. They had some theater shows for the children, I witnessed the Jungle Book and it was cute and both my kids enjoyed it. The activities staff does alot, but they are young, and not super professional, but the kids had a great time w/ them. The customer service at the resort, especially in the restaurant area is obviously lacking, but now and then you have to remind yourself that you are at a camp ground, and not a resort, because that's how Point Sebago portrays itself, and you're not going to get the customer service that you would get at a resort. However, it is nice, the food was good for the most part (the breakfast buffet was instant eggs, yuck!) but we had free coupons and didn't pay, so who can complain? We didn't do the lobster night because we had taken a trip to Cape Elizabeth for an awesome dinner at the Lobster Shack (about 1 hour away) which is a great location on the ocean between 2 lighthouses, nothing fancy but outdoor seating at picnic tables along rocks that lead down to the ocean. I got alot of great photos there, and the kids had fun chasing crabs on the rocks. Don't leave your food alone at your table, even for a second, because seagulls the size of ducks are waiting for you to vacate and they immediately go and steal your food! The price for a single lobster w/ french fries and cole slaw was I think $22, and you watch them take it from the holding crate into the steamer, and yum, it was good!

The day we were leaving, The CBS Morning Show was there filming the attempt to make the world's tallest sandcastle and we got to meet Dave Price and it was really cool, I've watched him since he was the weather guy on Fox, and my daughter and I got our picture taken w/ him, which was neat!

All in all, we had a great trip, the kids want to go back next year, to the same home, to see their friends. We would not stay again if we hadn't gotten a house on the lake, it's pretty hot and dusty and the lake was a bit cooler and great views.

• Liked — Activities for the kids, park home location
  • Disliked — Poor wait staff and customer service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)

Been to Point Sebago? Share your experiences!