“Above and beyond -- Patrick rocks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maplewood Inn & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Casco
Maplewood Inn & Motel
You added Maplewood Inn & Motel to your Saves list
549 Roosevelt Trl, (Route 302), (Route 302), Casco, ME 04015   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Casco
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Above and beyond -- Patrick rocks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was in dire straits late the other night after having missed the last ferry to Frye Island in Raymond, Maine after a 4+ hour drive. Heading back down Rt. 302 I saw only one hotel which showed "no vacancy." My cell battery was nearly depleted as I called my wife at home to let her know my dilemma. She checked Tripadvisor and found this place, called Patrick and made arrangements for me to stay there that night.

When I arrived, feeling (and probably looking) pathetic and burnt, Patrick upgraded me to Room 1 in the Inn/house (I have no idea what my original accommodation was to be as my wife wouldn't 'fess up to that or the cost). He then gave me a brief tour of the place. When he found that I had a sack of fast food on which to dine, he wouldn't have that and prepared me a chicken sandwich with chips -- beyond hospitable!

The house is quite old but tastefully decorated with modern furnishings. The two baths are shared. However I was the only one staying in the house, so I can't give any indication as to how inconvenient that would be in the event there were other guests. They were both very clean.

Patrick had turned on the A/C in the room in anticipation of my arrival, so the room was nice and cool. The bed was very comfy, decor lovely. Unfortunately, I was awakened by speeding cars on Rt. 302 the next morning -- it may not be a problem for everyone, but I am accustomed to the quiet of home as we live in a rural setting.

Beginning at 7:30am (this is a welcome opportunity to get an early start to the day), breakfast is downstairs in the dining room. It consists of beverages (including OJ), yogurt, fruit salad, toast or bagel, cereal. Rene did offer the option of scrambled eggs, as well, which I politely declined as I am not much of a breakfast eater.

Both Patrick and Rene made me feel welcome and at home. Their warmth (especially Patrick) was greatly appreciated and allowed me to find comfort and relaxation after a very stressful drive. Thank you both for making my vacation that much easier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights at the inn: one of the rooms in the house. Our room was so comfortable, personal somehow, not like a generic motel room. We could roll out of bed and walk through the kitchen to the un-stuffy breakfast. Options included cereal, blueberry bagels, bread, mixed fruit (melons), and hard-boiled eggs. One morning Rene made pancakes!

We were there for our anniversary so got special treatment: Patrick had left cookies and chocolate pennies in our room for when we checked in. On our actual anniversary, Rene presented us with a bar of Belgian chocolate. It was so big I thought it was a paperback book initially.

Our two critiques are
(1) the toilet paper was Scott Tissue, as thin as they come. (But SAPPI paper [formerly SD Warren, who was a supplier for Scott] is down the road. Perhaps they are supporting a local business indirectly.)
(2) the comforter on the bed was too heavy for summertime. A quilt would have been perfect.

Maplewood Inn wouldn't be as homey without Patrick and Rene. They even did our laundry for us, saving us money of course, but so much time as well. That is going above-and-beyond.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in the new addition, and it was cute and in good shape. We appreciated being able to use the seperate entrance so we didn't wake any of the others when we arrived late in the evening. The inn itself needs some work, and the breakfast was very basic, but the people running it are very friendly and welcoming! That itself is worth a return trip!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Don't be put off by the somewhat unprepossessing exterior of this place. I can't say much about the inn since we stayed in the motel rooms (although it looked like they were redoing each room of the inn). But the motel rooms are very nice. Large, very clean, and with linens that are definitely a step above standard motel fare. We stayed early in the season so the pool wasn't open but looked nice. The motel also has a great location - very close to the entrance to the State Park (which is lovely by the way), and to restaurants etc in the redone Naples causeway region. But the best thing about the place was the owners. They were really really friendly and helpful and hospitable. They even mailed back something we left in the room (and hadn't yet missed). Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the motel section of this lovely B&B for the fourth of July. It's a little gem! The room was spotless. Very clean! The outdoor pool was super nice! And The owners, were so friendly and lovely! I don't think I could possibly sit here and say enough kind things about them. The breakfast is complimentary and it's fresh and delicious. They have great recommendations for the area and seriously made our little weekend getaway fantastic. I just love this place. Also the lake is very close. it's a couple lefts and rights. But less than a 10 minute drive. Really convenient and great! We will absolutely be back this summer without a doubt! 110%

Room Tip: Don't be thrown off by the word "Motel" We stayed in one of the Motel rooms across fro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We recently stayed at the Maplewood Inn & Motel to pick our daughter up from a nearby camp. The inn keepers are very welcoming, incredibly hospitable and were very helpful trying to assist us in locating local restaurants. Perhaps it was just our room (#4), but it was very much in need of some general upkeep. Although the room is quite spacious as B&B's go, it needs a little TLC. The carpet needs a good wash or replacement and the wallpaper is peeling off of the walls. The bathroom, although quite large, needs some work and looks a bit tired (there was a plastic platter set up to catch drips from the toilet) and the linoleum is worn. Our hairdryer also caused the electricity to go out two days in row. We understand that it's a very old property, but it wouldn't take a lot to improve the room considerably. Breakfast was very basic (fruit salad, cold cereal, bagels/toast, hardboiled eggs, etc...). Again, I felt that it wouldn't take much to make breakfast so much better. Perhaps one hot entree or hot cereal or the smell of fresh cinnamon buns? The adjacent motel rooms are supposed to be far more modern and in newer condition, but they were booked when we made our reservation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Smyrna, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This B and B & Motel ( I have stayed at both and have enjoyed both - a slight preference for the B and B) is located conveniently right off Route 302, 3 miles from the Naples Causeway and 2 miles from Sebago Lake State Park. The rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable and the owners are more than pleasant and cooperative.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Maplewood Inn & Motel? Share your experiences!