“Wonderful, old-fashioned luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 13 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
England
“Wonderful, old-fashioned luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband and I came across this little oasis by chance and the wonderful smell of baking made us stop and turn in - we are soooo glad we did. We saw the pies being made which was amazing and proved that they weren't mass produced baked goods. We ordered a 'summer days' and a 'lemon' pie - apologies for the incorrect descriptions but I'm sure you get the idea. They were absolutely wonderful. We bought individual portions of each and they were a very generous size. Yes, they were expensive but where in Maine isn't? This was definitely one of the highlights of our tour of Maine and are very, very glad we came across it. Please, if you are in the area, stop and sample these pies, it will be well worth it I promise you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Just like home, except at home they don't take all my money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Pies are good, as is the rest of the baked goods. $32 plus tax for a pie, 4 bucks for a cookie or a muffin. Better bet is to hit the farmer's market on Thursdays and Saturdays and pay $15 for as good of a pie or muffin.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Pie heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Wonderful pies, especially those made with ricotta and crumble.
Made on the premises and worth every penny.
Pine for their pies when back in London.

David London, UK and Cape Neddick

Visited July 2011
maine
“WAY OVER PRICED - THE NAME SAYS IT ALL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stopped by on our way to Ogunquit to get two slices of pie. When the guy behind the counter said $12.23 I exclaimed really? I thought I had heard him wrong. The pies one Maine Blueberry and one Blueberry Crumble were blaah to say the least. Way overpriced, I can bake better than that. Spend money on something else.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious pies!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have a summer home in Ogunquit, and each year I look forward to going to Pie in the Sky bakery for a piece of pie or a muffin. The pies are made with fresh fruit and have butter in the crust, so they taste really good. I have tried the peach-raspberry, raspberry, blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, and blueberry-blackberry-raspberry pies, and all of them are very tasty. The peach-raspberry one is my favorite though! The muffins are also very good. My favorite is the raspberry corn muffin. Unfortunately the flavors available for muffins and pies rotate, so you might be disappointed when your favorite flavor isn't available that day. Yes, everything is pricey, but I don't mind splurging for a real treat a few times per summer.

• Visited June 2011