“Dinner and a Show” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Clay Hill Farm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Clay Hill Farm is the first restaurant in the country to be certified as a wildlife habitat and bird sanctuary. Nature trails, colorful garden paths, waterfalls and a picture-perfect pond accentuate the eleven private acres just two miles from Ogunquit Village. Voted #1 for weddings and romantic dining, Clay Hill Farm is also a state Environmental Leader, committed to celebrating and encouraging environmental awareness in all shades of green with locally-grown food, seasonal festivals and online initiatives.
Old Orchard Beach, Maine, United States
“Dinner and a Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and our best friend couple had our 1st trip to Clay Hill Farms last week for their new dinner theater series. The actor transformed himself into Edgar Allan Poe - and did a wonderful job keeping in character, reciting the poems and interacting with the guests. The food was great, the service as superb. The only thing I would recommend would be to try and set up the tables in such a way that nobody has their backs to the "show". We are excited to return for the next series of DIckens! And we also want to experience the regular dining room & menu as well.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
clayhillfarm, Owner at Clay Hill Farm, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your Clay Hill Farm experience with us. We have been so excited about the feedback or our new Clay Hill Farm Presents... series! Looking forward to seeing you at Dinner with Dickens...and maybe Frost after that?
With Gratitude,

Hampton, New Hampshire
“Halloween at Clay Hill Farm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A friend and I went to Clay Hill Farm this Halloween, 2012, after making reservations for an evening Edgar Allan Poe entertainment by a local actor. We were seated with other friendly people, some in costumes, and we were also in basic costumes, at a round table and everyone introduced themselves. I ordered a special fruity rum drink, which I enjoyed. The actor did a wonderful job. The waitresses were very good, getting orders quietly without disrupting the entertainment. I ordered the prime rib and it was delicious, cooked perfectly and very tender with mashed potatoes. I ordered a house merlot wine, which I enjoyed, and we split a chocolate hazlenut cheesecake. It was pricey but I really enjoyed the experience and would go again! It was my first time to ever go there...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for sharing your Clay Hill Farm experience with us. We are so glad you enjoyed the show! Clay Hill Farm Presents...is our new intimate dinner theatre series and you joined us for opening night. How lovely!! We are so excited about the series. Glad the food and service were to your liking. We love to hear that.

We were concerned to hear the word 'pricey' in your review as we priced the tickets at a reasonable $10 to purposely keep the costs down, and made the menu a la carte, so guests could choose one course or four. Our entrees start at $16, but there are some regular menu items on the menu as well, like the Prime Rib:)

We welcome your feedback, and are grateful you took the time to review. Thank you so much!
We do hope you will join us again, and we hope to see you at Dinner with Dickens, or a future Clay Hill Farm Presents... performance for another night of intimate theatre:)

Happy Holidays,
Eliot, Maine
“Amazing Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

we a had a wonderful time on our anniversary dinner. Our server Lori was wonderful she was very knowlegeable about the restraurant history and the items on the menu which was both very helpful and entertaining. The food was deliciou. We will definately be be returning

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!! We are SO glad you enjoyed your Anniversary!! We take the special occasions in our guests' lives very much to heart, and it is a pleasure to serve you with the very best in food and service. We know you could have dined anywhere in the area, and you chose Clay Hill Farm. We are so honored!! Thank you for celebrating with us, we hope to see you again and again!!

Happy Holidays,
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Amazing Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My Husband and I went to Clay Hill expecting a delicious meal, what we received was a memorable experience with food that surpassed any expectations I had. The entire evening was magical. Our servers were very kind, not intrusive but checking in at key times to make sure we were satisfied. The food was wonderful, each course beautifully presented. I have eaten here for many years and am excited with many of the newer choices on the menu. I love going to Ogunquit and especially taking the time to have a meal at one of my FAVORITE RESTAURANTS in New England.

The beautiful NH seacoast
“32 years of watching the decline of a once special place, so sad :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Back in 1981,my husband took me on our first offical date to The Clay Hill Farm, what a special and memorable day. Many more visits later, we deemed this our favorite place to go. We would travel from whereever we were living at least once a year to relive our now fading youth~ He even had my 40th birthday party there. For the past 10 or so years, I have watched the decline to the point that I think this year wil be our last. So sad this place has become, tired inside, poorly prepared unimagined food, bad service, terrible wine list....I will stop the bleed now, I know the economy has taken its toll on many businesses, and if that is the case with The Clay Hill Farm, I am sorry to write this, but I think we are done and will need to find somewhere else in Ogunquit to go next year.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere