“Updated Traditional Fare in a Welcoming Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Cape Neddick
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Updated Traditional Fare in a Welcoming Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

This place has an excellent menu of updated traditional fare and fresh ingredients that will please many tastes. There is a dining room on one side, and bar area with tables on the other. The menu is the same in both, with a few more small plates in the bar. Fireplaces in both rooms are lit when appropriate for the season.

We visited on a few occasions for seafood and steaks while visiting family who live in the area. The accompaniements also added some flair to the plates, e.g. roasted sweet potato cubes with chorizo, fresh and inventive salads, great desserts. Good wine list. Well-priced for the quality and creativity, and a bargain compared to most major cities.

My family will often come here in off season with colleagues for small plates in the convivial bar. Always a winner!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Palmer, Ma.
“One of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

My wife and I tried this restaurant after seeing it listed on a list of restaurants in the motel we were staying at. Because we were going to play at Cape Neddick Country Club, we thought we would check it out. We both were very pleasantly surprized. The menu was very diverse, and the prices were very reasonable. The food was excellent! We both commented on the quality and quantity of our meals after being served. We also decided that Cape Neddick Restaurant would be a permanent stop when vacationing in ME. (as we do almost every year). Even though my wife and I like to try new restaurants when on vacation, we decided that we would eat at Cape Neddick Restaurant at least twice while in maine. I heartily recommend this restaurant for couples, families, etc. for a great meal and good ambiance.

Norwich, Connecticut
“WONDERFUL MEAL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary with family at the Cape Neddick Inn. We all had excellent meals. I had the chicken parmesan which was the best I have ever had. My husband had the baked scallops and haddock which he enjoyed tremendously. My stepfather had the blueberry roasted pork loin which was the most tender pork we have ever tasted (he shared with us all). We all had desserts and they were all very delicous- my mom and I had the coconut cream custart pie, my husband and sister had the pecan pie which was one of the best we have ever tasted, my stepfather had the homemade cheesecake- which he really enjoyed, and my niece had the chocolate torte- which was a great chocolate fix. Cape Neddick Inn will be on our list while vacationing in Maine.

New Hampshire
“Memories”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I still think of two things every time I drive by,.... the fantastic food and the horrible service we got there last year. Our friends from out of town who we took there are coming back next week. We'll be going out to eat, just not here. We can get both good food and good service elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kennebunks, Maine
“Super Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Returned to the Cape Neddick Inn after many years away. We recalled the earlier ambiance and did not know how/if the Inn had changed. Were pleasantly surprised that the restaurant retained the look and feel of the 'old' Inn. Waitstaff was new and had to check with the kitchen on some menu questions - but she did it with charm and was very nice. Confirmed reservation for 7pm though we were not on the reservations list. However there was a table ready for us. Bit noisy in the dining room at first but by 7:30pm the earlier crowd [families] had left and the noise level decreased greatly. Saturday night in the middle of the summers probably the busiest night of the week in any event. Dinner was excellent - very nice selection of appetizers/salads/entrees and desserts. The food certainly met our expectations for presentation and taste. Portions were filling. Wine list was very reasonable. Service was good. Overall a most pleasant dining experience. This will be the place we take guests to and recommend to visitors. Congrats Cape Neddick Inn!