Guest services are the stand-out at this luxurious, beautifully-situated beachside resort in Maine's plushest neighbourhood. Jolly Eva, who booked us in, had the inside track on all the best places, from a local lobster shack serving simple steamed lobsters amid a glorious clifftop sunset to fine dining in Portland - and even the best handmade icecream in town. We were particularly impressed that unlike most luxury hotels she didn't point us to the priciest place but to the most genuine and atmospheric. Thank you, Eva. The same high standard prevailed among all staff. The hotel is on a fairly small scale and you do feel that you are at a home from home. Huge rooms with an upstairs and downstairs and especially indulgent bathrooms complimented with top-drawer Occitaine toiletries. Lovely pool and gardens. Restaurant pleasantly surprised us by its professional skill, and gets extra points for focusing on local cheeses. If I had one gripe it would be that breakfast service is too laid back for its own good: speed up, guys: we want to get into the sun! Breakfast should not take an hour! Not a cheap destination but we did feel we got what we paid for, and more. Whoever runs this place is getting things pretty much right. I have very rarely in my life said I would return anywhere, but if they can keep up this standard then I would allow myself to be taken back - kicking and screaming, of course, as you will understand...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After a multi million dollar renovation the eco luxury Inn by the Sea is Maine's premier beach destination. Located on a mile of unspoiled beach guests enjoy intimate dining in the ocean view Sea Glass celebrating Maine fare, relax in the spa or fireplace lounge. Spacious redesigned suites, rooms & cottages w oversized bathrooms, or full kitchens, or fireplaces. Child & Pet friendly! 5 acre indigenous garden,pool, bocce, fire pit, golf nearby. 10 mins to Portland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Inn By the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn By The Sea Hotel Cape Elizabeth
- Inn By The Sea Maine/Cape Elizabeth