“Clean and comfortable!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 20 Camden B&B and Inns
Massachusetts
“Clean and comfortable!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

Tha Blue Harbor House is a true gem in Camden. The location is perfect for exploring the town and the harbor. I have never stayed in a B & B that was so clean and comfortable. The breakfast was amazing!!!! The menu was creative, the presentation was beautiful and it was absolutely delicious!!!! In addition, they serve afternoon tea which was yummy as well. Terry and Annette were wonderful hosts and run the B & B the way I feel a B & B should be run. Our stay at the Blue Harbor House was perfect!!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness and breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Have just returned from a wonderful 4 day vacation at the Blue Harbor House. I cannot praise this charming inn enough. The innkeepers Annette and Terry are delightful. They are so welcoming and hospitable, true hosts. What splendid breakfasts they prepare each morning as well! All served with great finnesse and good humour. The room we stayed in was great, it was the Nautical Nook room and was holiday inspiring!
If you want a real vacation at a genuine Inn then look no further than the Blue Harbor House! We will be back at the earliest opportunity... fall with any luck!

• Liked — genuine Inn
  • Disliked — loved everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Lake City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

This Inn was one of several we stayed in on our trip to Maine. We only stayed one night, and barely even met the innkeepers. The Inn is in a convenient location, you can walk to downtown and the harbor.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of contact with the hosts
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I thought this inn was a good value for the money. Our room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, the innkeepers were very pleasant and helpful and the inn is a short walk to downtown Camden. We did have a fair amount of street noise in our room. I might have been disappointed had I paid the same prices as many other B&Bs in Camden, but this inn is a good, affordable choice in Camden.

• Liked — Location near downtown, nice innkeepers
  • Disliked — Traffic noise in our particular room (which abutted the street)
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Beverly, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2008

Sigh....I want to go back and stay longer. I love Camden and have stayed there many times and we had a GREAT stay at the Blue Harbor. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters Suite and it was lovely- fireplace, whirlpool tub, GREAT bed and cozy sitting area as well as a kitchenette (just used the fridge).

The owners, Annette and Terry, are from Scotland and were very friendly, helpful and lovely to talk to. You can tell they really care about the inn as it is beautifully decorated and immaculately maintained. The wooden floor in our room looked like it had just been refinished the day before!

I have food allergies (celiac or gluten intolerance) and they worked around this and made an amazing gluten-free breakfast quiche for me.

I have stayed at another b&b in Camden which I loved as well, but it was a little more formal than this one. What I LOVED about the Blue Harbor was that it was everything you expect from a b&b experience, but a bit more casual

I would stay here again and again and again!!!!!!

• Liked — the attention to detail/the traveler
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

Blue Harbor is a gem. It's located just a short walk from the Center where there is an array of stores and restaurants that will keep you busy for many visits.

Our room was just right. Comfortable bed, clean bathroom with nice appointments and a sitting room with comfortable (too comfortable!) stuffed leather chair and couch and an extra TV. What a wonderful room to kick back and read or to dose in front of the TV or to fire up your laptop with the free WiFi. Coffee and tea were always available. And for you whose life doesn't begin until the first cuppa coffee: it's there waiting for you at a very early hour! One morning at 0500 hrs my wife was online reading the incoming news from the Middle East with a hot coffee by her side.

Now, about the innkeepers. Annette and Terry are the next gems you'll meet. Two lovely people. Make sure to ask how they got started in the inn business AND how they met. They were most gracious, helpful with sights to see and charming to chat with.

Annette and Terry serve beautiful breakfasts (isn't that what a B & B is all about?) Stewed pears with cream, Granola w/yogurt and fruit, Quiche (yes, real men will get a boost from Annette's quiche) bacon, an unusual sausage. Breakfast is different every day. At tea time there was tea (of course!) and coffee, banana bread and great oatmeal cookies. Almost the old tale about the son who comes to visit his mother after a very long absence: He wants to tell her about his adventures and she says, "Eat. Eat, we'll talk later!"

The overall inn is homey. I have the impression it is an excellent example of Downeast comfort and hospitality. The weather was nice except for a day of rain but that didn't take away from our visits to indoor activities--music, stores, restaurants. I believe I would enjoy Blue Harbor and the town with a foot of snow on the ground and more coming!

Blue Harbor is a must stay if you're heading to Camden or its environs.

Joe-Blume
Philadelphia, PA

Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2007

I was looking for a moderately priced B&B in Camden, and chose the Blue Harbor House. There are much nicer B&Bs, but they are also much more expensive, so this was a good compromise. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters, which was listed as a suite. It was all one room, but had an alcove with a little sink, fridge, and cooktop that served as a kitchenette.

The room was good-sized, with a loveseat and chair that were very comfortable for reading. It was clean and in good shape, although the bathroom shower liner curtain had a bit of mildew at the bottom in one corner. The bed was fairly comfortable, and there was plenty of room to stow your stuff, with a closet and a dresser.

We enjoyed the breakfasts--they were tasty and served pretty quickly. All the staff was friendly and helpful. The innkeeper said they had WiFi, and offered to put a booster in our room if we didn't get good enough reception. I opted to simply go to the lobby and sit in one of their large chairs to do my email and web surfing on my hand-held. The WiFi was up and mostly a decent speed whenever I used it.

I can't say it was the best place I have ever stayed, but for a moderately priced B&B in a tourist town, it more than met expectations. I should note that there was a lot of traffic noise, especially early in the morning. I put my earplugs in to help me sleep. Many of the B&Bs in Camden, including Blue Harbor, are on hwy 1 (Elm St) which is the main road through town, and this is a noisy street, especially if you keep your windows open at night.

• Liked — Very convenient to downtown, and had free WiFi access
  • Disliked — On a noisy street
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Blue Harbor House? Share your experiences!