We'd been to Camden before and were looking forward to our return visit; the Blue Harbor House made it extra special. The inn itself is a short, easy walk to Camden's Main Street, and has all the charm you could want from a New England inn. Best of all, the hosts, who are Scottish, could not have been warmer, more welcome, or nicer; even their little dog (a rescue) was super friendly! I've been known to skip B&B breakfasts, but these are not to be missed: beautifully prepared, fresh and delicious. As an added bonus for us, the breakfast room, which is bright and sunny, features individual tables for each room, perfect for those who prefer not to have a conversation before breakfast. If you are there on a morning when Terry & Annette are serving poached pears, you should consider yourself lucky.
We had chosen a room with access from outside, rather than in the main house itself, and while small, it could not have been more charming, cleaner, or more relaxing. We enjoyed our stay, and will certainly make it part of our next trip to Camden.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Harbor House Inn is casually elegant, comfortable, welcoming and moderately priced. Built in 1810, it's historic charms blend perfectly with modern comforts. The Inn is ideally located a short stroll from Camden's famous picturesque harbor. Enjoy fine local restaurants and art galleries without having to drive! Complimentary full breakfast, with specialties such as Eggs Florentine, Blueberry pancakes, Fluffy omelettes, home made Irish soda bread. Vegan/raw vegan/Gluten free options readily available. Free WiFi and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and T4B so you can book your Blue Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Harbor House Hotel Camden
- Blue Harbor House Camden, Maine