“A Wonderful Inn in a Wonderful Town” 5 of 5 stars

Inns at Blackberry Common
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   82 Elm Street, Camden, ME 04843   |
Ranked #5 of 20 Camden B&B and Inns
Cummaquid, MA
“A Wonderful Inn in a Wonderful Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a wonderful inn to celebrate our first wedding anniversary and the Inns at Blackberry Common proved to be just it! Fabulous location - walking distance to the town center, great food and first-rate hospitality. Cindi gave us great recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants. We fell in love with Camden and when we return, we will be staying at the Inns at Blackberry Common.

DianeB

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were celebrating a birthday weekend on April 19-20, 2013. As it turned out, it was the weekend following the Boston Marathon bombing. There was a lot of anxiety and sadness during the week and in particular the capture occurred on the day we arrived at the Inn. We were SO warmly welcomed by Jim and Cyndi upon arrival that we immediately began to feel some peacefulness and distance from the stress in and around Boston. We found a lovely bottle of champagne and chocolates in our room and were made to feel right at home. The room was beautifully appointed and comfortable in every way. There was not a detail that was not thought of by Jim and Cyndi for maximum ease and comfort. The Inn is a short walk to town which was so nice and Jim and Cyndi recommended exceptional restaurants and provided us with information, maps, binoculars, and an itinerary for sightseeing. We especially loved the tour of the lighthouses which Jim had mapped out for us. We also learned much about the history of the Camden area. Jim and Cyndi made exceptional breakfasts and were so accommodating to provide us with wonderful choices. The food was delicious, healthy, and beautifully presented. We especially loved the natural, organic, and local Maine products they incorporated into their meals. Jim and Cyndi were wonderful hosts and we had extra special attention because some of the guests could not leave Boston as the city had been locked down. We really enjoyed learning more about the history of the Inn and all of the interesting stories in designing the rooms. Each room has a lovely theme. This Inn is loved and cared for by its owners, Jim and Cyndi, and it is evident in every way! We would highly recommend that you visit the Inn at Blackberry Commons and the beautiful Camden area. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I just returned from out first visit to Maine. We fell in love with Mid-coast and southern Maine - unfortunately, we didn't make it any further north than Acadia/Bar Harbor area.

Staying at Blackberry Inn proved to be an ideal location; walking distance to the shops, restaurants, harbor, etc...of beautiful downtown Camden. The Inn is very nice and clean. We thoroughly enjoyed Cyndi and Jim's hospitality. The food was fantastic and I was delighted that they were happy to accomodate my special dietary requests. I really appreciated this - some B&B's are either offended or not interested in making a special breakfast for one person. Jim and Cyndi were more than happy to oblige. While everything was great we thought the oatmeal was especially good!

I don't remember the name of the room we had - might be called Victoria - it had an incredibly comfy bed. It was hard to get up in the morning.

Jim and Cyndi were happy to share information or ideas for sightseeing. Our stay was too short to do everything we would have liked to do - another trip during the leave changing season is definately on our list of to-do's. Surprisingly, the weather was just beautiful while we were there - we rented a convertible mustang and actually we were able to drive with the top down several days.

We have nothing but good things to say about Blackberry Inn and Cyndi & Jim. If you are in the Camden area, we recommend this B&B. It's location is great to all that Camden has to offer, but it's also a good central location in mid-Coast Maine!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dedham, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our favorite B&B... my wife and I have stayed at many over the years but keep coming back to The Inns at Blackberry Common -

As natives of Maine, we have experienced all types of B&Bs Maine has to offer, and you can't find one better than Jim and Cindi's in Camden. Beautiful location, great food, and a well maintained property make for a premiere getaway. The "X" factor being owners/hosts that genuinely love the business - that love translates to the facilities, the gormet breakfasts, and the overall experience.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful, but the garden view rooms in the back are spectacular - Cindi's garden...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Millinocket, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I recently held a watercolor workshop at the Inns at Blackberry Common for 4 people and spouses and we had a wonderful time! Jim and Cyndi are such great hosts and so easy going, serving us incredible food of their making, even with an artistic theme on Saturday night as Jim made Toulouse Lautrec's favorite meal. They are there to answer your every need and the facility is flawless, comfortable and beautiful, being only a short walk from downtown shopping and the waterfront. I'd recommend this as a year round retreat and who could ask for a better location than Camden?

Room Tip: They offer different rooms based on your desire, some are just the basic suite while some have more...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CyndiO, Owner at Inns at Blackberry Common, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
This was such a wonderful group to host at the Inns! Having artists stay with us and enjoy the inn for their workshop was truly such fun! Although we have had family and business groups here for reunions or meetings, this was the first artist weekend workshop! The wine and cheese reception was a great way for all to meet...and our French themed dinner continued the artistic influence! Thank you for bringing the group to us and we are already looking forward to the next workshop!
conway MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I was so happy to find such a warm and welcoming B&B in the heart of Camden. I was especially delighted that they welcomed me when I wanted to bring my favorite Gt. Pyrenees companion, Annabella. The innkeepers were especially generous in introducing me to other artists who were attending a painting workshop at the inn the weekend that I was there.. The meals were superb - from the outstanding dinner to the superb breakfast in the morning.

The room where I stayed, the Birch Retreat, was exactly what I was hoping to find and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kittery, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recently stayed overnight at the Inns at Blackberry Common in Camden, Maine. Cyndi and Jim were warm and welcoming and provided wonderful hospitality. The inn was spotless and very inviting. After checking in, I was offered refreshment and a seat by a toasty wood stove in one of the common rooms to ward off the chill of the January day. The room I stayed in had plenty of space with a fireplace and two comfortable chairs and was beautifully decorated. After a great night's sleep, I sat down to a scrumptious breakfast to get my day started off right. Unfortunately, I was only able to stay one night, but I would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Inns at Blackberry Common? Share your experiences!