“had a great time” 4 of 5 stars

75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 139 helpful votes
“had a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife and I sailed on the Olad yeaterday. We had a good time. The weather was great and the captain and mate were helpful, knowledgable and friendly. It ws fun meeting the other passengers . I thought that the price was very reasonable and I would take the cruise again in a minute.

i

Visited September 2011

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lovely tour around the harbor. Great and knowledgeable captain and first mate.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We took the first morning cruise during our vacation in August. The wind was not great, so we did more motoring than sailing, but despite this, the captain did a great job of making the best of things. We got close to some wildlife and the captain and his first mate told us about the history of Camden and many of the houses on the coast. They also gave ample opportunities for everyone to assist with the sails. I would go again for sure, but maybe later in the day when the wind is typically better.

Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Sunset sail...what could be better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

There can't be a better way to spend an evening in Camden. We brought our own wine and cheese. (FYI, buy your cheese and wine from the super nice and knowledgeable folks at Lily, Lupine, and Fern on Main Street). The crew was very friendly. The views were spectacular. The sailing was smooth. A bargain at $35. I don't understand the laundry list of complaints from an earlier reviewer. It's 90 minutes on the water in a gorgeous part of the world. How bad can it be? :)

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Smooth, romantic, relaxing. Capt. Jeff was great. Only thing I would change is for them to come up with a no cellphone policy for patrons. NO answering your phone at sea!!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Cancelled Reservation due to "Overbooking"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

After doing some research & reading all the reviews, we were really excited to go on the windjammer cruise with the Olad. Reserved the evening 7pm cruise a week before arrival via their web site. There were plenty of spots still left on their web site (17+) for the time slot. Received an email confirmation & my credit card was charged for the 2 spots. While making our way through Maine on our vacation, received a voicemail 2 days prior to our scheduled cruise date "due to an over booking, we won't be able to accommodate you on the 7pm cruise, we do have availability the next evening." We were only staying in Camden for 1 night so unable to go on cruise next day... nor would I want to take a cruise with a company that confirms the reservation, charges my credit card, then calls right before to cancel. I did receive a refund on my credit card without having to contact them again. Best be warned if you book through Olad!