“Delicious Food, Gorgeous View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 42 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located on Camden Harbor next to the public landing, we are open year around. Lunch and dinner daily. Enjoy our comfortable warm inside seating with two fireplaces or our outside seating, only feet from the harbor.
Owls Head, Maine
“Delicious Food, Gorgeous View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I came in with my boyfriend and another couple to Peter Otts and sat at a table in the corner of the restaurant facing the water. The view was amazing! I ordered the Calamari salad and it was delicious, there was little dressing so that it didn't over power the flavors of the calamari. The other couple with us enjoyed crab cakes which they said were loaded with crab and were very flavorful. I enjoyed the Halibut for dinner which had an amazing sauce on it that really made the flavors of the fish stand out. My boyfriend ordered the sirloin and said it was the most tender and flavorful steak he's had ever! (And we eat steak at restaurants a lot!) The desserts were too good to pass up even though we were both stuffed so we split a peanut butter pie which was awesome, there wasn't a crumb left on the plate! We truly enjoyed our experience here and will definitely be back to their new location regardless of those upset about the missing salad bar. If you want food from an all you can eat buffet you are in the wrong town anyway!

plantation
“Not too bad, but......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I had been to Peter Ott's at their old location many times over the years. While in town last week I looked forward to going there again. The new location is nice (the old location was actually not bad either) and its easy to park, etc. First thing noticeable: they have done away with the salad bar--big mistake. The salad bar was one of the distinguishing features of Peter Otts. The prices of the menu items seem to have gone up a bit also, though I did not notice the menu changing much. I went twice. First time I had the haddock with lobster, which is quite good, along with clam chowder. Pricey but good. Second time I had the Scallops with a salad (about 6 or 7 dollars for the small salad--same price they were charging for the salad bar in the past). The scallops were nothing special, no big deal, but again, pricey. Overall, the place is not bad but for the money I think you could do better. They need to bring back the salad bar and re-evaluate their pricing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“New Location Great But Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had been to Peter Otts before at their location of 40 years and thought the value of the food was great, the salad bar was awesome, and the drink menu was acceptable. Since they took over the previous Graffam Brothers Harborside location last month, we figured we would try it out. The decor is definitely nicer than when it was Harborside. Service was great and the beer selection is pretty good. We felt the prices were higher than their old location, above what others in Camden are charging for crab cakes and chowder of similar quality. Maybe they are still working out the details since they were only open for a week when we went, but unless the pricing changes, we will stick to other places with higher value. Guess someone has to pay for the view.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camden, Maine, United States
“The food is not very good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

First I have high standards, if a restaurant is expensive, I have higher expectations. if steak is $35 for rib eye, I expect it to be prime which is the highest category of rating for meat. The steak was tough. It could not have been prime. The halibut was over cooked and very dry. The restaurant and wait staff did want to please so substituted the halibut for crab cakes. The crab cakes were salty and did not taste fresh. It was my birthday and was so disappointed. We will not go again under any circumstances.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
So. Berwick, Maine
“Our Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We liked the view but really enjoyed the warm decor (not counting the fireplace), casual yet the meal was excellent. Amanda is the best! She really knows the menu and guided me as to what wine went best with my broiled haddock with crab meat. My husband had the crab cakes and they were also delicious. We had a nice, relaxing evening and walked back to our room at the Lord Camden Inn. Would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who savors a good meal at moderate prices! And ask for Amanda - although I am sure that the staff are top notch and very knowledgeable.

Visited April 2014