“Good food, but didn't like the dead animal heads as decor” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Boston
“Good food, but didn't like the dead animal heads as decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We had a late lunch at Cappy's on the afternoon we were going to be checking into a local Bed & Breakfast in Camden, Maine.

The food was pretty good. For appetizers we accidently ordered two fried items: the homemade chips and the onion rings. Onion rings were good. The homemade chips were not much different than regular chips, except warmer. We expected some potato on there, like they'd be part French Fries, like we've had before. They came with no sauce, as I've had in other restaurants.

My salad was sizeable, and pretty good, too.

Did not care for the large dead animals hanging on the walls. I know that's a part of Maine's culture, but if we hadn't been really hungry (and other places had been open), I would have walked out when I saw them.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great charity event!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited Cappys last week for a charity event. On this night they were making a donation of some of the proceeds to the Pope Memorial Humane of Knox County. It's a great cause and a great shelter. It was nice to see the event so well attended. The food was as good as always, and the atmosphere as light and jovial as always. The only shame was that they decided not to serve dessert to certain areas of the restaurant. No biggy.

Portland, Maine
“Fun local flavor!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The eclectic ambiance is local and inviting! My husband and I had a couple of beers at the bar and shared an appetizer- it was decent pub food- however, what I enjoyed most was the atmosphere and the view!

Visited December 2013
USA
“LOBSTER NUGGETS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were at Cappy's last October and ordered a couple of pints with the deep fried lobster nuggets. Pure Heaven!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Poor food prep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stopped in for lunch, yesterday. The chowder was good, and the cider was tasty. However, the steamed clams that I ordered were extremely gritty. They could not have been rinsed at all. When I started to chew the first one, my boyfriend heard my teeth crack. The waitress was very kind and apologetic, but this meal couldn't be saved. We were disappointed.

• Visited December 2013