“Return Visit Confirms This Is One Fantastic Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, French, Tapas, Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Return Visit Confirms This Is One Fantastic Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

You would be doing yourself a huge disservice to be in Camden and not eat at this incredible restaurant. I was here 4 months ago for the best tea service ever. So today I had tea and dinner here! Yes, it is that good. Please see my earlier review for a description of the tea. The ambiance of Fromviandoux is warm and welcoming and the restaurant is exquisitely decorated. Come to think of it, exquisite describes just about everything about this place. I recommend that you start your dinner with one of the phenomenal cheese trays. Your only problem will be choosing which ones to try. The servers are very helpful with suggestions. Another must here is the beet salad. I try beet salads at restaurants all over the country and this one is by far the best. I can also recommend the escargot and the wonderful frites. And no matter how full you are, you MUST get the ricotta doughnuts for dessert. They are truly a bit of heaven on Earth. I can't wait to return once again to Fromviandoux to keep sampling the great menu. This is a truly great restaurant. Go!

Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Service 1-Star and Food 3-Star”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Recommended, but disappointing. Welcome was really unfriendly. We didn't make reservations and although the restaurant was completely empty, the hostess was acting like they were sold out.
It was 7pm and there were only 3 tables, that pretty much didn't change the rest of the evening. The server was clearly not interested and was hardly able to answer any specific questions we had. The food looked nice but tasted blend. Cheese selection was wonderful. This restaurant needs to hire a different chef and focus a bit more on guest experience.

Visited April 2013
“Truly Obnoxious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit to this restaurant (I had been several months before) I had a visitor from Europe as a guest I had taken. We asked the server if the fish that was the special could be prepared with the sauce "on the side" as my visitor eats very simply. She said it would probably not be a problem as this had been requested before. She came back from the kitchen and bluntly stated, "the Chef will not do this, you can only have it the way he serves it".
Absolutely ridiculous. Apparently this place has gotten a bit full of themselves- I will not ever go back and I take every opportunity to share with others my negative experience with this restaurant. It's about SERVICE not just food!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Camden, Maine
“beautiful presentation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family recently had a lovely spring brunch at Fromviandoux in Camden and came away favorably impressed with the quality of food, the variety of choices the presentation and the service. We had complimentary quails eggs as an appetizer and following the meal complimentary chocolate truffles that went above and
beyond our expectations. We enjoyed then quiche with mushrooms, herbs and cheese, the eggs benedict was delicious and filling, the frittata the same, and for the younger members of our group the hamburger was a real pleaser. The service was spectacular as was presentation and we expect to become regular customers.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Could be really fun with slight changes...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for dinner based on our inn keepers recommendation. We went on a Saturday night at 6 pm. We were the only people in the place until around 7ish. We started with a cheese plate that was excellent! Great variety and the chef pair the accompaniments. It was delicious. We were asked several times by our waitress if we were ready to order dinner, despite our insistence to her that we were not in rush, she asked several times and then she even advised us "some dishes take a long time to make". Overall, we felt rushed- and I am not sure why, they were not busy... My husband ordered the burger that was good and a nice portion. I ordered the hanger steak. It was a small portion with beans (the beans were a little on the crunchy side, not sure if this was intentional).

There was different French music playing the entire time. I found it distracting. This place seems really funky and fun but came acrossed to us as awkward. It seemed overstaffed and a little pretentious.

• Visited April 2013