“Love It!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Camden
Upstate NY
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

This is the 3rd time that I have stayed in the LCI twice with the whole family including my parents and once with my husband (when we were able to get a babysitter for the weekend!) . Since this hotel has gotten a few bum reviews recently let me tell you why you want to stay here:
(1) The staff goes out of its way to make you feel as though you are home.
(2) The rooms have so many little "plusses" you will feel as though you are royalty. The housekeeping staff is accomodating and leaves the rooms impeccable.
(3) Breakfast - included and a zillion choices from yogurt with homemade granola to a fresh crisp waffle topped with Maine Blueberry Sauce and whipped cream. YUMMY especially to my kids who are 7 and 4. I have to give kudos to the girls running the kitchen. That is exactly what they do RUN to make sure everything is filled to the best of their ability!
(4) LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. Walk yourself to shops, dynamite restaurants, or the harborview park just across the street.
(5) Did I mention the gift that the staff has with making you feel like you have been their friend for years? They were so amiable to my little ones, entertaining their questions and asking my kids how Lobster Fest was and then attentively waiting for all the details.

We will be back for sure. With or without our children because no matter who you are or where you are from the staff at the Lord Camden is there for YOU!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Burlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Megan Stilwell, the manager was quite concerned about my review. To her credit, I will say she did follow up on my comment card by calling me at home the next day and did offer a future free night (we got comped mostly because I was rudely awakened by a very vocal /active couple (If you know what I mean) bangin' next door to us - but we will not return.) It was our last of 15 nights after 1500 miles plus from Boston to Cape Breton. We found staff occupied with their work instead of focusing on us. The laundry list of issues for the price of this hotel, plus the fact there website touts "unsurpassed" service and elegance. I think all staff needs a client culture workshop to be considered "unsrupassed". Breakfast room was confusing and that staff really need to get it together -due to having our pup with us we were "advised" to take turns getting food and bringing it back to the room. I found almost no eggs and no bacon and a few sausages. I asked when it was being refiled and was told "RIght Now" in a snotty way - came back with the bar tray from my room (how else did they expect me to bring my breakfast back to my room - balance it on my head?- where is the unsurpassed service? - only to find the same food situation - my husband went down after me and found it the same - I can only hope my explanations to the manager will help ensure future clients a better turn of events (we had booked a Harbor view suite by the way) - but if I ever did return to Camden, I would give the Riverhouse Inn a try- front desk was very nice went I brought pup in on my morning walk to check room rates, etc. They have onsite parking -maybe no private balaconies, but a lovely garden for guests, indoor pool and spa and outdoor area for guests with pups to enjoy breakfast as expected for the price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Megan4325, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2009
I would like to begin by stating that we are very sorry that your recent visit with us did not live up to your expectations. After learning of your dissatisfaction upon your departure, my staff and I felt terribly that we had let you down. As I stated with you over the phone after you had returned home, it is very rare that a guest leaves unsatisfied. Our staff works diligently to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. In regards to your complaint about the noise disturbance coming for the next room, we hope that our quick response of moving the problem guest to another room on a lower level demonstrated our efforts to try and resolve your concerns and frustrations. When we learned that the noise was more of an inconvenience than originally understood, we comp'ed your stay, as we knew that this would be the only option in rectifying the situation. As for the service complaint, all that I can do is sincerely apologize. Our staff is recognized constantly for their willingness to assist others in any way possible, and for their warm hospitality and kind demeanor with anyone that they come into contact with. They work very hard, and despite the fact that "bad days" will occur on occasion, we do our very best to avoid them. Once again, please accept our apologies, and understand that I will personally do everything in my power to keep an experience like this from happening again. If you do chose to stay with us in the future, I ensure you that your stay will exceed every expectation.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Just stayed here toward end of July 2009. I was a bit disappointed due to my expectations from all the former reviews. Overall, this was a nice hotel, but I will try others when returning to Camden. It COULD be the best hotel in Camden, but I'm willing to try others.

Pros:
1. Location right in the heart of town (although there are 2 others basically in the same location).

2. Great breakfast!! Hot scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, waffles, home made granola, yogurts, fruits, cereals, coffee, tea, juices and usually some type of home made baked good.

3. Friendliness of staff.

Cons:
1. Condition of rooms. They are in DECENT condition, but if I'm paying for
"Camden's finest luxury, boutique, hotel..." then I'm expecting just what it says "LUXURY". Doors that are hard to close, shoddy workmanship, and a renovation that may have put the hotel in better condition, but wasn't done to par all contributes to anything but luxury.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hotel snob seriously. But, I also hate going somewhere with false expectations. This hotel is nice, no doubt, but don't go expecting the Ritz Carleton, or even a Hampton Inn. Go with the expectation of a nice hotel that has it's quirks that's in the heart of Camden and you will be happy with the results.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Megan4325, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2009
Thank you so much for your recent review of our establishment. Our staff works very hard to make each guest's stay a wonderful one, and I was glad to see that the service was rated highly during your visit. We have also taken measures this summer to see that breakfast exceeds the expectations of all of our guests, which proves true in your case, and in the case of many others. I do apologize if the guest room experience was less than you expected. The building is very old and holds a great history, but as a newly-renovated inn we try to provide a fresh atmosphere. We are constantly working to make the inn itself more contemporary and luxurious, and your comments have definitely helped us in our quest to appeal to each guest individually. Thank you again for your review and for staying with us, and we hope that we will see you again on your next trip to Camden!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

This is our 3rd stay at the Lord Camden Inn and I cannot say enough good things about this place. The rooms are perfect, the breakfast is wonderful and the balconies overlooking Main Street are adorable as are the gas fireplaces, the selection of DVD's for guest enjoyment, the homemade cookies. I could go on an on. This is by far our favorite place to stay in Maine and we always have to have a Lord Camden Inn fix every time we travel to Maine. Also, the people at the front desk could not be nicer. Everything was perfect - as it always is when we stay there.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

Were in Maine for our sons wedding, so we decided to stay an extra week to see some of the coast. Ended our trip in Camden and the Lord Camden Inn was a great way to end our stay in Maine. Everyone was very helpful. We loved our room and being in the center of town. We were able to walk to all the restaurants and shops. Also loved that they had a computer for the quest to use, so that we were able to prebook our airline tickets back to Maryland, which was very helpful. We couldn't ask for a better stay from the coffee/tea station when you walked in the door, to the helpful staff, to the comfortable/soft bedding, to the clean brick wall rooms, to the wonderful breakfast. This place is a must.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

We stayed in a fourth floor room with a balcony for 2 nights in June. The special rate for off season and mid week made it more reasonable than their peak season rates.
We loved the room though the view was mostly of the air conditioning units on a lower floor. Surprisingly this didn't bother us because the balcony was large and there wasn't any noise from the street. The location is on a busy street with a quick walk to all the shops and restaurants. The parking lot is a block away but not a problem except in the depths of winter. The breakfast choices in the dining room are better than average and you can find coffee at reception or make it in your room 24/7. Charming rooms and an interesting reuse of an old building.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Trinity, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

The Lord Camden Inn is the best of both worlds - full service small hotel with B & B feel. The excellent full (albeit self service) breakfast makes it even better than most B & B's. The three young ladies on staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable as all three were Camden natives. The location, view and excellent rooms make this a 5 star property in our view. It has the small hotel old world charm, with modern, spacious amenity-filled rooms and services - king bed, balcony with sitting area, gourmet coffees & teas, micro and refrig....I could go on and on!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Megan4325, Manager at Lord Camden Inn, responded to this review, June 26, 2009
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us, and the wonderful review of our property. We are glad that your experience was so positive, as our staff works very hard to make each guest's stay one to remember. Hopefully we will be seeing you again soon!

Been to Lord Camden Inn? Share your experiences!