“Very average to poor food” 2 of 5 stars

207-236-4451
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Very average to poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

3 persons there for dinner. Nice informal decor and OK service, but food was truly underwhelming - average to below-average diner fare. Had three different entrees, and all three were bland. I just don't get the glowing reviews.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
“Camden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Phenomenal food, amazing service, fantastic atmosphere. You cannot go wrong eating here. We chose to eat here after reading tripadvisor reviews and we were so glad we did. This restaurant is a gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
P
“Great food and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Lovely restaurant in a restored house. The servers and management are extremely friendly and attentive without being bothersome. The food is very good, maybe one slight mis-step, but nothing that would make us not want to return. It was my husband, me and our 5-year old daughter. While there is no children's menu there are choices in the appetizers that work. She had the mac and cheese and we all agreed it was THE BEST EVER! I'll dream about that mac & cheese. We also shared the carne asada tacos which were very good. My husband had the water buffalo sausage and it was excellent. The smashed potatoes and asparagus with it were also delicious. I had the mushroom raviolis and they were the only thing that I thought missed a bit. The ravioli are covered in onions, roasted red peppers, spinach, sage and basil. It tastes good, but totally over-whelms the raviolis. It could have been any pasta under all of that. If I scraped all of it off of the ravioli and just ate the ravioli, it was delicious. Nice chunks of mushrooms an a good earthy taste. In my opinion, the ravioli would be better in a simple sage butter. I still ate all of my raviolis and enjoyed my dinner, but would probably order something different next time. Overall, 57 Bayview is a gem and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and we'll definitely go back next time we're in Camden.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
boston
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's one street over from the harbor, but along the harbor, the restaurants with great views have mediocre food. If you want delicious food and great service, eat here. They have a very cute patio with an outdoor bar that's wonderful for dinner on a summer evening.

Visited July 2013
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Charming and in Walking Distance from our Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Trying to get seated on a weekend night without reservations can be tricky. But this charming restaurant found a spot for my husband and I in their dining area off the main floor bar.

We had eaten here several years but it was a different restaurant then, different owner and name.
We were curious to see the changes made by new owners.

WOW! Great service, friendly waitstaff, delectable selection of starters and entrees. The food is great and, let's face it, that's what counts in the end. We had an enjoyable slow meal. Nobody rushed us, it was a nice experience.

I look forward to dining here on our next trip.

• Visited May 2013