What you are getting at this place is a lovely room - exactly and only that. We had a small balcony with a view of the car park area, but actually that is fine. The room had two halves, one of which had a gas fireplace, so when the weather was bad it was great to sit there and read. However, depending on your definition or expectation, it is not really an 'Inn.' There are no 'public' areas except the entrance where there was a computer and a helpful receptionist. There is no bar or restaurant or spa. The price of the rooms (unless you are out of season) is high, so you should expect a breakfast. But this is where it all falls down a bit. The breakfast is from the bakery across the road and is brought to your room on a tray at a morning hour that you request. I cannot understand why they do this. There is nothing on the tray that is freshly cooked or baked that morning, and since you have a fridge, microwave and coffee machine in the room, what is it they are bringing that they could not have brought to you the evening before when they turned the beds down? Breakfast had juice, muffin, thermos of coffee, quiche and a yoghurt with slices of apple. Sliced apples go brown quickly, so if you get breakfast early they are fresh, but by 8 they are browning, so they are better off no putting apple slices on. The bakery has excellent bread and olive oil, but they do not bake it in the morning (or at least not in time for breakfast) and it would have cost $5 to change the items on the breakfast (although what to I am not sure as they don't have croissant or bread at that time in the morning anyway). They need to really sort this out. If the bakery cannot produce fresh produce in the morning, then stick to providing select items the evening before (it would save some of the staff costs of running around in the morning!) They might even entice other shops or restaurants to provide small items as tasters every now and then to show what they are capable of (if we are staying here we must have some spare cash and certainly nowhere to eat, so we should be a great target!) Most of all it would be great to get the bakery to show the residents what great bread it can make! Oh, and the yoghurt. It was vanilla flavoured and I think it was someone's pride and joy. But yoghurts in NE all have that long life custard look and feel. I think they all put in corn starch. Don't do it - they have such fabulous ingredients there, please someone in NE make some great yoghurt - Grand Harbor please lead the way! Sorry I went on a bit just over the breakfast as the rooms and staff and location was great, but it is this type of attention to detail that they must get right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the beauty of Camden Harbor from the luxurious comfort of your waterfront suite at the Grand Harbor Inn, Camden’s newest and only luxury, waterfront boutique Inn. Recently awarded the coveted and prestigious AAA Four Diamond Rating, the Grand Harbor Inn’s enviable waterfront location, overlooking the marina of yachts and local fishing boats, provides the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway. Located at Bay View Landing, the Grand Harbor Inn is surrounded by a vibrant mix of unique shops, fine dining, and exciting schooner and kayak tours.The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Grand Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Harbor Hotel Camden
- Grand Harbor Inn Camden, Maine