“Best bartender around” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Camden
Cuisines: European, Italian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Located in the century-old Knox Mill, our bistro is situated on top of the Megunticook River, just between the two waterfalls. At Brevetto, our modern Italian bistro cuisine is designed to pair perfectly with our extensive– and almost exclusively Italian– wine list. Brevetto is Italian for “patent,” and throughout the restaurant you will find turn-of-the-century schematics of wine presses and odd, out-dated food machines. In stark contrast to the complicated workings of a “salami washing machine,” our menu is simple and straightforward. We feature a large menu with a range of grilled pizzas, Italian pastas, and a variety of entrées. In addition to our extensive wine list, we also have a full bar with artisan draft beers and liquors. Enjoy your dinner in our inviting dining room, or on our waterfront deck. Relax with an obscure Italian red wine at our bar, or an extra-dry gin martini on the leather sofa. Brevetto has some of the best of both worlds, right in downtown Camden.
Warren, Maine
“Best bartender around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Happy hour is VERY happy here. Great atmosphere, great price lil bits of delish food that make you want to stay for dinner.
The best bartender in town. I roll my eyes at terms like "mixologist" but this guy, has got it going on.

Visited July 2012

“Great place for dinner or happy hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Whether you just want to stop for a drink and app at happy hour or stay for dinner this place is awesome! Great prices and specials for happy and I have enjoyed every meal I have had there. Atmosphere is friendly and inviting and so is the staff. One of my favs in Camden.

• Visited March 2013
Maine
“Mid-coast excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had dinner with 7 friends Saturday night at 40 Paper. Had read about it in Maine magazine and other publications so had high expectations. Our table was ready when we arrived, the menu was presented and specials thoughtfully reviewed. The cocktail menu was unique and highlighted the current trend towards interestingly-crafted drinks with funky ingredients. I had the cilantro ginger margarita...yum!! Menu was great - nice choices for both carnivores and the vegetarians in our group. I had a wonderful lemon caesar salad and a fellow diner had the calamari. Met with rave reviews. We all ordered something different for dinner, ranging from the flatbread pizzas to the house made pasta. I tried the Cabonara..it was delicious! Everyone cleaned their plates, even the finicky eater in our group who had the haddock special. Service was well paced, timely but not rushed or slow. The restaurant itself was a little bit quiet for a Saturday night but it is early April, so perhaps to be expected. No one had room for dessert but they presented us with homemade truffles with our check. All in all, a great casual environment in a lovely town. Lots of fun to be there before the summertime crowds!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
East Conway, NH
“best restaurant experience EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had high expectations and 40 Paper far exceeded them. The atmosphere is perfect-- fancy and friendly. Their happy hour is super fun and drinks and apps are truly on special, which is cool. And the dining experience was out of this world AMAZING. They nailed every dish with a creative and unique blend of ingredients, presentation, flavor... The choices are broad, yet not too many. And it would be a mistake to skip dessert-- it's the best. I recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for an up-scale wonderful dining experience with excellent food. I would also recommend 40 Paper for gluten free diners, as nearly their entire menu can be made safely and without much substitution. They presented regular bread and GF bread, all the pasta dishes can be made GF-- and you still get the special home-made pasta types, and all the desserts are naturally gluten free for everyone. I'm sure they do well with other allergies as well. They treated us like special guests each time we went there. I plan to make more special trips to Camden just to eat at 40 Paper.

• Visited February 2013
Bend, Oregon
“Terrific Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My lady and I showed up Saturday night with a reservation and were placed at probably the least desirable table, with profuse apologies, which we accepted with a little hesitation. The owner took it upon himself to make sure we had an exceptional dinner experience and we did just that. The artichoke appetizer was exquisite, as was the lamb ravioli appetizer. We ordered a Sangiovese wine, the owner asked which one and when I replied, "the inexpensive one" he replied without missing a beat,"That's a great bottle of wine made, very oaky and rich." The wine was exactly as he described, and I'm sure as pleasing as other wines which cost twice as much. Our entrees -- Putanesca and Duck confit lasagna -- were cooked and presented perfectly, and were delicious. And, our waiter talked us into a dessert, and Amaretto gelato with whipped cream and expresso, which was out of this world. The owner was extremely friendly, as was our waiter, and the prices are right. Too many restaurants like this overcharge, so it feels really good to leave knowing you've had an exceptional meal without over-paying for it. We'll go back in a heart beat, and can't wait for his new restaurant to open in Rockland.

• Visited March 2013