“Their "CHOWDA" is excellent!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Camden, Maine
“Their "CHOWDA" is excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I came in today with quite a chill outside and ordered a bowl of chowder. It was the best chowder I have had. The chowder was just the right consistency. The clams were fresh and it had just the right amount of flavor. They were not stingy with the portion. The service was great. They were very polite and friendly.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

54% Recommend
“Went to the bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Cuzzy is also known as Scuzzy's to some locals we talked to about our experience. It is that kind of crowd in the bar area upstairs. Don't know about the food downstairs but the "crew" upstairs were hard drinking locals. Wasn't a place we wanted to hang out.

Visited October 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Comfortable,good food,not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We love spending several relaxing,do-very-little weeks in Camden every year.I believe we have
been to Cuzzy's 2 times.
This local eatery is quite predictable and the food is good Maine seacoast fare.The atmosphere
and service r unpredictable.On one occasion a loud couple w children were about to brawl but
were left alone by mgment.We frequently do the lobster rolls and choc chip cookie ice cream dessert-u will not leave disappointed or unsatiated.

Cuzzy is what u expect ie. good coastal food & no pretentions. PS-avoid the brawls :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
houston, texas
“relaxing bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

it's an ok place to relax and have a drink; food just average; no view, nor much atmosphere unless you are there with good friends as I was.

Visited October 2011
Hancock, Maine
“pleasant surprise, really excellent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I stopped in Camden on our way to Portland Airport, the restaurant that we had planned on trying was closed tuesday, we walked around town looking at menu's and when we went off the Main St we found Cuzzy's Restaurant and Tavern. Pleasant service, and nice choice of food. Wife had the cheese burger and I the Rubin, like mine toasted, not grilled.... She had the onion rings and I the round fries...... My Wife is not so easy to please, she looked up at me and said, this is the best food I have had all week, and we have been all through Bar Harbor and down east. My Ruben was perfect, and it is easy to mess it up, It was not greasy and the fries and onion rings were perfect.... reasonable cost, sweet server.... thanks

• Visited September 2012