It's described as a "seaview" but I don't think it's that close to the sea. It's probably more of a "riverview". Either way, the view out the back is beautiful. A balcony would have been fabulous. It's right in the middle of Bucksport, within walking distance of two restaurants. Another reviewer suggested walking to one of the restaurants for breakfast. Good advice, a muffin tends to wear off quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Knox Inn is right in beautiful downtown Bucksport, close to the Maine Maritime Academy, Fort Knox State Park, Penobscot Narrows Observatory & Bridge, and Verso Paper Company. A marina is located directly in front of the property, with a waterside walkway 1/2 mile; and near the Bar Harbour and Acadia National Park. The hotel offers free parking, free high speed internet access, FREE breakfast, snack and soda machines, Colonial-style cherry furnishings, air conditioning, hair dryer and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Fort Knox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Knox Hotel Bucksport
- Best Western Bucksport
- Bucksport Best Western
- Fort Knox Inn Bucksport, Maine