The cheapest rates are calling the hotel itself--they give you a discount if you call them instead of doing it online. The rooms facing the water have a beautiful view and it is worth the extra money to stay in those. The staff is friendly and nice, the rooms clean and nice sized, but the walls are very thin--you can hear your next door neighbor. The breakfast is free but very simple but it is well located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Knox Inn is right in beautiful downtown Bucksport, close to the Maine Maritime Academy, Fort Knox State Park, Penobscot Narrows Observatory & Bridge, and Verso Paper Company. A marina is located directly in front of the property, with a waterside walkway 1/2 mile; and near the Bar Harbour and Acadia National Park. The hotel offers free parking, free high speed internet access, FREE breakfast, snack and soda machines, Colonial-style cherry furnishings, air conditioning, hair dryer and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Fort Knox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Knox Hotel Bucksport
- Best Western Bucksport
- Bucksport Best Western
- Fort Knox Inn Bucksport, Maine