We stayed at the Best Western in Bucksport one night in mid-October. The room (a queen double) was well equipped with good quality, nearly new furniture. The bath was nicely separated from the room. There was no microwave or fridge. Everything was very clean and very quiet at night.
Breakfast was a bit weak: cereal, toast, pastry, fruit. It was set up in the small lobby and there was no seating; guests have to take trays back to their rooms or just stand around there.
There are several sit-down restaurants, some fast food and a large grocery store within walking distance or very short drive. Bucksport is less tourist-oriented than many towns along the Route 1 corridor and has a seemingly healthy small town Main Street with a variety of stores.
We felt our stay was quite reasonably priced in comparison to many other local choices and would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fort Knox Inn is right in beautiful downtown Bucksport, close to the Maine Maritime Academy, Fort Knox State Park, Penobscot Narrows Observatory & Bridge, and Verso Paper Company. A marina is located directly in front of the property, with a waterside walkway 1/2 mile; and near the Bar Harbour and Acadia National Park. The hotel offers free parking, free high speed internet access, FREE breakfast, snack and soda machines, Colonial-style cherry furnishings, air conditioning, hair dryer and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Fort Knox Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Knox Hotel Bucksport
- Best Western Bucksport
- Bucksport Best Western
- Fort Knox Inn Bucksport, Maine