“The ultimate lunch stop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Bucksport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hamburgers, Ice Cream
Description: Carriers Mainely Lobster is a a family owned business specializing in seafood, burgers, sandwiches, fresh fish, and ice cream (hard serve and soft serve). We are a casual take-out or eat-in restaurant, renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! After 16 years in the fishing industry, BJ Carrier decided to start his own restaurant with his wife, Tory. Renowned for Fresh seafood and excellent service! Carrier's Mainely Restaurant was rewarded with the Bucksport Chamber of Commerce's "New Business of the Year!" We must be doing something right!
Bucksport, Maine
“The ultimate lunch stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Me and my husband live in Bucksport and love Carrier's for a few reasons, first of all they hire and support local highschool students, and teach them the value of working and having a good experience doing so. Second the food is fresh, you are not getting fish that comes on a sysco truck from who knows ware, and the prices are great for fresh fish and seafood. Thirdly, they know who you are once you go there a few times, they are always polite and courteous, will even bring your to go order to your car if they are not to busy. The other reason we love this place is the lunch specials, you can not get a better lunch within 20 miles, always hot cooked well and super cheap prices. D.J. and his crew deserve a round of applause and to be recognized by more than just the town, I have lived all over the eastern and mid-Atlantic states, and I have never had such a wonderful experience as I have here. So way to go Carrier's!!! :D

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bj C, Owner at Carrier's Mainely Lobster, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thanks so much love to hear we are making you happy in every way. I love what I do teaching our youth work ethics and respect, it is the high light of my job. Also fresh is all I can do because I want it right every time. Thanks so much can't wait to see you in the spring, and love seeing everyone everyday . I miss it already. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your support and lovely words.

Verona Island, Maine
“Bucksport's Most Popular Take Out or Eat In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

They always have competitive prices on lobster and will cook your entire order for very small fee. They also pack them in containers that will keep them hot to take on a picnic or to the lake camp. They also have an eat in area that's always very clean and neat. It's a very popular place for the high school kids as well as their parents and grandparents.

Visited July 2013
Bj C, Owner at Carrier's Mainely Lobster, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thanks so much great to hear from you , see you in the spring.
Bucksport, Maine
“Quality has gone downhill since they opened.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I'm a local Bucksport resident and try to support my local businesses. I've been to Carrier's before. We have a friend from overseas staying with us for three months. He loves fish and chip. I told him that we have the world's best fish and chips right here in Bucksport. When they first opened you got a whopper of a piece of haddock and hand cut fries that looked hand cut with no uniformity in size. All was well cooked and nothing was dripping of grease like some establishments offer. Once a week they even offer "all you can eat fish and chips!"
I don't know if they have changed owners or what has happened. I ordered two orders of fish and chips with tap water. When the food was brought to the table, I said to the girl, "I ordered the fish and chips." She said, "This is the fish and chips." There was a bed of uniformly cut french fries and on the fries were some little round "balls" of fish. Before the woman left our table I asked what the $1.50 charge on my bill was for. I asked "Is it tax?" She said, "No that is for your waters." I said, "You charge for tap water?" She said, "Yes."
The food was lack luster in quality from what it had been and charging for tap water adds insult to injury. I'm sorry to have to submit such a disappointing review but, I have no intention of returning to Carriers.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
I am very sorry for your recent stop at carriers. We do still have all you can eat haddock every Friday night, and it is a big piece of fresh haddock. We also have not started charging for water, unless it is bottled. I am very upset that you experience was less then expected. My name is bj the owner and if you have any thing like this happen again i would like you to ask for me so i can fix any problems. Also concerned about the water, if you contact me i can get you a full refund. Should not have happened and for that i am sorry, hopefully we will get another chance to make you happy, by seeing you next summer.Thousands of people visit us from all over the world and local alike and leave smiling and very happy.I want that for every person that enters my place.
Orange, California
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Terrific lobster - perfectly cooked and served outside on the picnic tables. Enjoyed the coleslaw too - not too much mayo on it. The staff were helpful and so kind. Yummy ice cream too!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Love hearing good word thanks so much, your business is appreciated.
Lake Texoma
“Great lobsters cheap beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Were tired of coleslaw and fries and so just ordered lobstah - 2 one-and-a-half pounders for $19. Such a good price, we both ate two. Very good. Beer was 4 for $11 - can't beat that around here.
Owner gave us a short tour of the lobster tanks and provided some lessons in lobstering which was great for us Texans.
Loved the photo art work in the restaurant by lobster fisherman Julie Eaton outa Stonington.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Were else can you have cheap ~good~ lobsta and good beer. Thanks for the good words.