“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Brunswick

You added Days Inn Brunswick to your Saves list
Days Inn Brunswick
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   224 Bath Road, Cooks Corner Mall, Brunswick, ME 04011 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
West Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean room. Great staff, fast easy check in. Great location and walking distance to a great restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I'm on the road a lot and Days Inns are hit or miss. This one turned out to be good. I'm a bit of a clean freak and I can tell walking into a place by the smell and decor and floor if it's clean and well-kept. I'll walk right out. This hotel was clean, well-kept. I had an issue with the heat and it was fixed in less than an hour. The people at the desk were a big help - got me extra towels and whatever i needed. The breakfast was good - bacon, eggs, more than what I usually expect. Rooms were quiet, beds were fine. From talking to the hotel I guess that there was a management change a month ago. It's not perfect, but definitely better than the old reviews.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

(A belated review from July 2010...)

We were staying in Brunswick, visiting relatives, for a week, and chose the Days Inn with some trepidation -- however, the prices were decent and the location was ideal for us.

We arrived while being chased by tornados! We flew in to Portland airport and drove up in some wild weather. We made it to Brunswick, when the rain stopped for 10 minutes so we could dash in to Hannaford's supermarket, then drove up to the hotel. The rain started again, and this time it hammered down. I made it inside and checked us in; my wife was only able to get inside 20 minutes later when the rain let up a bit.

Our room was on the ground floor, looking out at the parking lot. It had a queen sized bed, small fridge, coffee maker, TV, small sofa, and desk. The room was quite dark (despite a large window) and gloomy. It looked reasonably clean, overall, and everything worked. The air conditioning would freeze you to death after 10 minutes, but that's pretty standard for parts of the US...

The hotel itself was very busy, mostly with families, and as such the hallways were pretty noisy most of the time. Everyone was friendly, though. If you're looking for a quiet place to stay, this probably isn't it.

We made use of the very small gym a few times (the AC was broken there, making it less than ideal to use). There was something resembling breakfast in the lobby in the morning, but it involved sugary cereals, "juice", "muffins" and an approximation of tea, so we passed.

The room was cleaned and tidied daily, which was good, and we found the staff friendly and generally helpful. We ended up having to leave a day early, and this was no problem at all.

So: it's nothing special, our stay ended up being adequate, and we got what we paid for. Next time we'd probably stay somewhere else, but didn't encounter anything to scare us off...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

There were no towels when we checked in to are room, it was like pulling teeth to get towels. We were paying $110 a night for this place and not to have towels and told there wouldnt be ant until the following morning is deplorable. I would not stay here again nor would I recommended it. Also, the juice dispenser at breakfast had black specs in the juice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

i will say that when i stayed there it was nice the person who checked me in at 4pm was very friendly, the night person was friendly too. The only thing i saw that disgusted me was when i was eating breakfast the person in the morning has some type of skin condition where his skin looks like its always peeling off and he was touching the food with out gloves or anything i didnt think it was sanitary so i threw my food away and left. but other then that costumer service was great always seen a smile on the two young guys that work there. i read some reviews and yes i think they need another ice machine but other than that i enjoyed my stay

Room Tip: rooms that are at the back of building are great
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Little off the beaten path if you are shopping at Freeport, ME. Hotel presents as very basic & it is! Best thing is that it is cleaned well. Otherwise, this place, inside, is grab, dark, and very much in need of a major renovation. You pay $77/night & it is hardly justified, except when you consider the other alternatives around the popular Freeport tourist area. So, do realize that this very underwhelming location is an option if you can live with the appearance for a night or so.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed at this Days Inn from August 18-21 despite our friends recommending the Parkwood Inn (nearby, but a little pricier). The Days Inn can definitely use a refurbishing! The room was large and the bed (king) was comfy. But the sofa in the room looked worn and drab.

BIG CON: We had flown into Boston and drive up to Maine so we were in need of showers but after getting to our room after checking in, we were very very disappointed to find ONE towel in the bathroom (for both of us to use??? really?!?).... Hubby was all ready to jump into the shower but he had to get redressed and go down to the front desk to ask for more towels and he was only given ONE additional towel (which was frayed on the edge). No facecloths at all, no bathmat. However the water has a good flow/temperature and the curved bar for the shower curtain really does add space for showering.

CON: Although the breakfast was good - I was very surprised to find that it only went until 9:30am (instead of 10am as most hotels usually do, especially on the weekend!).... So the one day I got down there at about 9:45, I had missed it cause it was already being cleaned up.

CON: The one ice machine was totally out of ice Sunday morning (somebody supposedly filled up their ice chest).

PROS: Computer in lobby is a nice touch. And free wifi throughout hotel is also very nice. Also having the laundry there (washer and dryer) is a nice touch.

CON: Front desk staff lacks enthusiasm. Not cheerful or happy. Not mean or rude, but lacking the appearance of "customer service."

CON: And what is it with hotels not having EXTRA or ACCESSIBLE outlets?!? With the fridge/microwave in the room, these were both plugged into one outlet at the desk. Then the lamp was plugged into the extra outlet under the desk leaving ONE outlet free. The ones at the bedside were all used. I had to charge my cell in the bathroom.

CON: The phone in the room also SUCKED. My husband had called the desk and he could not be heard although he heard them just fine. Same thing happened with our friends who called us several times - they could not hear us. I reported it to the front desk but I feel doubtful that anything will actually be done with it.

I've stayed at many Days Inns - some are very very nice, more modern, cleaner, brighter and with happier staff. The price was right (compared to the Parkwood) and it served a purpose - but because I've stayed at other Days Inns, it's easy to see that this one needs updating.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Brunswick? Share your experiences!