“The worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Edenton, North Carolina
“The worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2007

The room had an odor to it when I arrived. It was supposed to be a smoke free room and did not appear to be, the window was left open (it was 12 degrees). I was there to see my son off as he is in the Navy and was being deployed. When I attempted to get into the bed the sheets were dirty (blood and hair) there was also sand in the bed. I tried to sleep on the blanket. There was no running hot water, the toilet was not in proper working order and the towels and face cloths had a foul oder to them.

I would never stay at this hotel again, I was not in a great place to begin with but this made my trip truly horrible. The price was inviting but you really do get what you pay for!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

After reading other reviews of this motel, we were nervous about staying. However, we had our dog with us and so had few options. We were very pleasantly surprised! The room we had (Number 32 at the back of the property), was newly refurbished, clean and quiet. It had a kitchenette, with full size stove and refrigerator and microwave. All new furniture and rugs. They also had a free breakfast, include make your own waffles. For the price, this was a great deal.

• Liked — Clean, newly redone
  • Disliked — Close to road
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

My stay at the Viking cost me $31 more than my online reservation rate, booked through Alliance Reservation Network. The Viking manager said that they had no confirmation of my reservation and that no rooms were available at my booked rate. My only option at the time (ARN could not be reached because it was after business hours) was to take a Deluxe suite. Repeated efforts to determine who was responsible for the screw-up (Viking or ARN) have been unsuccessful, with each party blaming the other. My recommendations are (1) DON'T do business with either the Viking Motor Inn or ARN, and (2) call the motel to independently confirm your online reservation before you arrive.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn & Suites

Address: 287 Bath Road, Brunswick, ME 04011
Location: United States > Maine > Mid Coast Maine > Brunswick
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Brunswick
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Rodeway Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rodeway Inn Brunswick
Rodeway Inn & Suites Brunswick, Maine

If you own or manage Rodeway Inn & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.