“Good food with Bar Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Sandown, New Hampshire
“Good food with Bar Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We have taken my grandmother their for lunch. They are very accommodating with her wheelchair, but we have to go in through the backdoor which takes us first through the smoking area outside. The food has always been good and the service is very good. It is a very casual bar atmosphere. We have been there approximately six times and always the same good food and service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Awesome spot specially if traveling alone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The food at Joshua's Tavern is excellent and the atmosphere is just as good. I had salad and a pizza. The pizza was among the best I have eaten. I splurged on dessert and that was great as well. The best was the bar company if traveling alone. The bar is filled with locals that represent what Maine is all about.

Stevensville, Maryland
“The Lobster Stew is to the BEST!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've tried a lot of Lobster stew/bisque up and down the east coast, but this stuff was excellent. I had big bowl and a few beers. Not sure of anything else on the menu but it's worth it just to go for the Lobster Stew!!

Visited September 2012
Brunswick, Maine
“Was written off but that has changed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I had been to Joshua's in the past and did not enjoy our last visit. However, last night onFriday we thought we might try it again since hearing there were some changes going in. I have to say that we were pleasantly surpried to say the least! We come in what seemed to be the hight of a dinner crowd and we were seated by a pleasant younge lady, named Davielle. While we saw that the whole was packed the serves, food and new look from what we were told was a breath of fresh air. I, myself had the haddock and clam special, which our waitress recommanded and my wife had a burger. We started with crab cakes, which were the best we have had in some time. (Another item Davielle recommanded). Our waitress went out of her way to make sure we were taken care of by bring us popcorm when our food was taking a little longer due to the place being very busy. After last nights waitress and our food, WE WILL be coming back and bring friends!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheri S, Owner at Joshua's Restaurant & Tavern, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We have indeed been making efforts to improve not only our physical space, but also our food, server attentiveness, and overall consistency. Reviews like yours go a long way towards showing us that the efforts are paying off. I passed it along to Davielle ( she smiled & blushed ) and also to our kitchen manager.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

After getting off the train, checking into the Inn, and exploring a little we were hungry. The bugers at Joshua's were excellent.

Visited January 2013