“Fresh food, nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Brunswick
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Harpswell, Maine
“Fresh food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had dinner here tonight with a friend passing through town. I had the lotus root salad with shrimp and my friend had the house pho. She ordered the small size and it was huge! Definitely suitable for one person. My salad tasted really fresh with interesting combination of textures and tastes, really delicious and unique. Spring rolls from Little Saigon are sold as lunch items at the natural food store over on the next block, which I've had many times, but this was my first time at the restaurant and I will definitely go back. Affordable and delicious.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Keokuk, Iowa
“Love it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My Husband and I were walking down Maine Street looking for a place to eat. With so many places to chose from we decided to stop by Little Saigon. The ambiance is nice and cozy,our young waitress was very friendly.We ordered Rice Crepes,melt in your mouth goodness and the salad that comes with it was very fresh and good tasting. I could eat several plates of these. The Grilled Calamari was awesome, perfectly cooked,very fresh(i could eat a bunch of this too),way better than fried calamari. For our Entree we shared the Rice beef plate which was also awesome and the serving size was more than enough for 2 people.The condiments /sauce that comes with the dishes were just perfect. I had authentic Vietnamese food before, this place is as close as it gets. We left very satisfied, full but not feeling heavy and bloated. The food were so good, we came back 2 nights later and had the same experience.For our meal we paid less than $30 excluding tip.

• Visited August 2013
Maine
“Will go back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

It was mine & my husband's first time trying Vietnamese food - it was awesome!! He had the House Pho & I had the BBQ Pork Bun - amazing! The flavors are very refreshing & it doesn't leave you feeling bloated & heavy. We can't wait to try the other menu items!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good pho, authentic and fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went to Little Saigon for dinner located in the old Clementine's restaurant. My husband and I split the fresh spring rolls with pork, they were excellent. They came with delicious peanut sauce and there are several sauces on the table as well. The table next to us ordered the grilled squid appetizer, which liked great, I will try that next time. I got the flank steak pho and my husband got the rare steak pho. We ordered the large size and the bowl was huge. I finished mine, but I saw many patrons taking large portions that they couldn't finish home with them. The waitress was attentive and quick. The kitchen could work on their timing as my husband got his soup about 5 minutes after I was served mine. The table next to us had to wait almost 10 minutes between being served their first entree and the last (it was only a party of 4).

• Visited July 2013
Groveland
“Enjoyed it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were in the mood for pho on a cool rainy mid week day so we pulled into Little Saigon for an early lunch. We ordered appetizers of fresh and fried spring rolls and also the house, beef, and chicken varieties of pho. Both rolls were very good; the fresh version was light, flavorful and refreshing, the others a crispy delight. The pho wasn't the best I've had, the broth didn't have a lot of flavor on it's own but was passable with the addition of the provided ingredients of basil, lime, sprouts and jalapeno. The house version I had included ample amounts of brisket, rare beef, tendon and sliced meatball. We all ordered the small sized portions and they were more than any of us could finish. Service was friendly and efficient. I haven't tried the other Vietnamese restaurant in town so I can't compare the two but Little Saigon seems to be a pretty good choice and a good value.

• Visited June 2013