“Our favorite spot for breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Brunswick, Maine
“Our favorite spot for breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The wait staff is efficient and friendly, regulars have their own coffee mugs (which generally arrive - filled with your personal preference of coffee - at your table within moments of your arrival, even when they're busy), the omelets are huge, the poached eggs on corned beef hash are as good as I remember eating as a kid, and their claim of "the best lobster roll in Maine" is spot on.

Visited August 2012

Westminster, Massachusetts
“What maple syrup?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The menu says they use real maple syrup. My granddaughter ordered French toast with maple syrup. She poured the syrup that came with the toast and tasted it. Yucky! She had them make some more French toast and give her the genuine stuff. Can't fool a kid. Good food, but let's keep it honest!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Hyde Park, New York
“Great little place that's worth stopping for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I wasn't gonna stop as this Diner is right at a point where the road clogs up and Rte 1 makes a turn, so I just wanted to be out of this area. But the Mrs loved the funky look and the "Best Lobster Roll in Maine" sign so I turned around. Glad I did. We haven't had too many Lobster Rolls on this trip (just plain old Lobsters), but we both had Lobster Rolls here and they were great. Not all gooped up. Nice big chunks of Lobster. Good toasted bun. We were both very pleased. Even had a Mimosa to split between us to celebrate the occaision and that was good!! Another reviewer raved about the Cole Slaw but I didn't think that was anything special. The service was great and they were ready to make whatever we wanted, the menu was just a starting point!! But we both decided we wanted Lobster Rolls and we think we made the right choice. Don't let the traffic dissuade you as it almost did me.

Cash only, so I had to make sure I had actual money in my wallet and not just cards. We played a Credence song on the Jukebox.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belchertown, MA
“Stopped for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have driven by for many years. Finally stopped for breakfast and were glad we did. Western omelet with homefries and toast, and loaded omelet with homefries and english muffins. The food was delicious. Omelets were full of ingredients and fluffy. Will eat here again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nostalgic for the '50's? This is for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This is the real deal. A one row diner with a wise-cracking waitress and the best breakfast you've ever tasted.

Breakfast is served all day, and I couldn't imagine ordering anything else, but according to the menu and clever signs scribbled on whiteboards this place is full service.

It's simple stuff. I had a "Beach Boys,"a egg and bacon sandwich served on bagel, English muffin, rye, whole wheat,,, you get the idea. The home fries were PERFECT. The other things are "Little Richard, Chubby Checker, and on and on. There's no place to cut a rug, but you might want to.

When we walked in, a regular said, "this is the best diner in town," at that point the waitress whacked him over the head with a menu, so it may be the only one. Whatever, I wish The Brunswick could be in MY town.

No credit cards, but they have an ATM. If you're passing through Brunswick, Maine, don't miss it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere